Scrolls

" The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It's one of the never-ending cycles in life"

"I told you that I'll never let my friends die... that's also something that I wanted to convince myself of... There are many friends I was unable to protect so far... That's why every time I swear that I'll protect them... but then I still happen to face the truth of when I'm not able to do it... You have to take that 'wound' with you forever... That's why we're the one to endure... We are Ninja. I will never forget"

"Our will can bring forth miracle"

-Kakashi Hatake-

~The Story~

"Ouch! It hurts! It hurts!" Hashirama yelped, squeezing his eyes shut. His hands were around his wound, trying to 'protect' it from Tsunade. He got a smack on the head from the said kunoichi.

"Lower your voice! It's still too early in the morning!" she half-shouted, putting a finger on her mouth, indicating to keep silent.

"And you have that so-called healing skill of yours. Why do you need me to treat your wounds?" she protested, but continued to putting ointment on her grandfather's injury and later wrapped a bandage around it. Hashirama gave a wide grin

"About that... if the wound is deep, it will take some more time. And it's not like I'm fighting right now, so isn't it better to ask someone else to help?" Hashirama answered with a smile. Tsunade had a vein pop on her forehead. She mercilessly tightened the bandage on Hashirama's hand. Hard.

"AAHHHH! MY HAND, MY HAND!" Hashirama yelled at the top of his lungs. After a minute of screaming, Tsunade finally loosened the bandage. He almost couldn't feel his hand, but was glad to feel the blood continue to flow in it.

"Well... and another reason is... of course because I can't use too much chakra in this form. Don't blame me" Hashirama pouted. Tsunade stared at him for 5 seconds, then turned her head to the others. Naruto was unconscious, Minato was treating Kakashi's wound, and Tobirama was lying on the bed, Hiruzen on the other bed beside him. They were just staring at the ceiling, thinking.

She couldn't believe they just lost. The Hokages. Not singular, plural, like, seven of them. Lost. To a bunch of cowards who wore masks to hide their evil faces and had some kind of mental disorder or something.

Tsunade sighed. She didn't think something this bad would happen. Maybe they underestimated their opponents. Every person who had been to war knew that underestimating anyone--even a small child--was a fatal mistake.

"You owe me a detail explanation of what was happening that you ended up like this." She said, looking at Hashirama with a glare.

"We didn't have a choice. Our endurance, physical stamina, and chakra were cut out by two" Tobirama said suddenly. The others who were awake looked at him.

"Really? I didn't realize it" Hashirama said, looking at his hands unconsciously. Of course if their Chakra were only half of its current amount, they should have realized it from the start, but they didn't.

"It's because of the body. For this body, only half of our original chakra feels... so much already" Tobirama explained it as simply as he could. He didn't really feel like talking. Not after losing a battle which could have made them go back to their time. Minato nodded to that, because he felt the same too. The only sensor type in that group were Tobirama and Minato, after all.

"Speaking of which, how could you guys go there? What happened with the drugs?" Hiruzen changed the topic. Tsunade flinched a bit and threw her face another way. Seeing her reaction, Hashirama showed a 'huh?' face. Minato smiled weakly and answered the question.