The Calm Before Storm

Tsunade laid on a big branch of a tree, closing her eyes and humming a random tone. Kakashi sat on a big stone while he re-read some scrolls. Minato was busy with his kunai, adding his Hiraishin sign on it. And Hiruzen was cloud-gazing along with Tobirama. It was peaceful. Really peaceful. Some voices of breeze, birds, and the dances of leaves could be heard clearly. The air was so fresh, as if nothing had been mixed with it.

"So peace DID happen in the past, huh" Tobirama commented, breaking the silence among the five. His past flashed fast in his mind, where all he knew was war and fight. The others didn't move even a little, they just enjoyed their own comforts.

"Yes it did" Hiruzen agreed, without even looking at his ex-teacher. His gaze was far, far away to the sky. Who knew what he was imagining or looking at.

"But you know, Naruto said there was a really, really bad war among humans before this era. And it is said to be even worse than our Ninja fights" Minato said.

"Hmm." Was all he got. He raised his casual-shaped kunai, made it cover the light of the sun. 'I think I like my own-shaped kunai better. But it's alright for now' he thought and planned on making his typical-shaped kunai sometime there.

Not so long, some heavy panting could be heard from distance. Some of them looked at that way, and some of the others were just too lazy to do anything. The sound became closer and closer, and finally stopped near them.

"Ahhh! Finally!" a yell came from a stern-looking boy with black spiky hair.

"You did it!" Naruto praised him with  thumbs up, smiling ear to ear. Ashura let himself lay on the soft grass, still panting. Minato handed him a water.

"What did he do?" Kakashi asked, but eyes still on the words on his scroll.

"Training, of course." Hashirama answered.

"What kind of training?" Kakashi asked again, a little annoyed. Hashirama and Naruto looked at one another.

"Running several laps around here while carrying one of us on the back" he answered.

'They must have enjoyed it' Kakashi thought.

Suddenly, a long growl sound came. Everyone turned their heads to Naruto

"Sorry. I'm hungry" Naruto apologized, rubbing his stomach nervously. The others sighed.

"It can't be helped. I'm hungry too."

"Let's go back to the house. Looks like it is lunch time, anyway" Hiruzen informed, pointing at the sun which was right on the top of their heads.

"That's right, 'Professor'" Tsunade said, adding Hiruzen's old title in a joking way. The said boy just smiled nostalgically. Hashirama gave a sign to go back to Ashura's house, the others nodded, and quickly stood up. But one person was left.

"Where is Ashura?" Naruto asked, looking around

"Ah. He is still there" Minato pointed at Ashura's body which was still on the ground. Then they went back to pick Ashura up.

"Oh come on... let's have some bites. And we will practice again" Naruto said, thinking Ashura might want to be strong as fast as possible, just like Naruto's young self. Naruto grabbed the other boy's hand, and he was surprised, just like the others.

"He is... asleep" Tsunade said almost in disbelief.

"Well, it's not impossible if he is really tired. My brother often did that when we were children" Tobirama huffed, looking at his older brother from the corner of his eyes.

"Should we wake him up?"

"I don't think he will wake up even if we try to", said Hiruzen as he heard Ashura snored loudly

"Yeah, looking at his reincarnations", murmured Kakashi, just enough for himself to hear

Then they all looked at each other, and made a competitive expression. They automatically made a circle.

"JAN... KEN..." they said in unison.

"...PON!" they finished the spell of their rock-paper-scissor game. The loser was... Kakashi.

"Damn" he cursed under his breath, looking full of hatred to his own hand.

"Ahahah... It's the first time I've ever seen you lost in the rock-paper-scissor game, Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto laughed. Well, actually it wasn't that rare to see Kakashi lose in that game, knowing he didn't have his sharingan eye from his friend yet.

"Then... piggy-back-ride him, Kakashi" Hashirama commanded.

"What? You can't be serious!" Kakashi protested. But Hashirama gave that 'I'm-dead-serious' face, and Kakashi cursed again, but still obeying it. Naruto and Minato chuckled, staring at Kakashi who was piggy-back-riding Ashura. Kakashi realized their stare, and glared at them

"Shut it, you damn blondies!" he shouted and said to Hashirama something like 'I will pay you back' or something.

"Umm... I think Kakashi-sensei has... changed" Naruto said hesitantly. Minato chuckled again.

"Well... he WAS like that. Back when he was a little, he was really self-confident, arrogant, and independent" Minato said in his teaching way to Naruto, Kakashi just stood there glaring at them with a fired eyes.

After that, they went back to Ashura's huge house, asking the maid where the said boy's room was, and brought him there. Surprisingly, his bedroom was simple. It wasn't too much different from the guest's room. In fact, it was a little messier, which was more likely because of the owner's behavior.

Kakashi put Ashura on to his bed slowly, not wanting the black haired boy to be awake. The others just wandered in the bedroom, doing things the un-called guests shouldn't do.

"I think this scroll is full of everything about Ninshu" Tobirama mumbled, and grabbed that scroll which was previously on the table. He made sure the scroll didn't have something like a trap or anything else, and he opened it, studying about the differences between Ninshu and Ninjutsu. Not long, Tsunade joined him, saying her old teammate, Orochimaru, also loved that kind of thing.

Hiruzen was a little more mischievous. He opened the wardrobe, and was startled to see a bunch of clothes with almost the same design and motifs. He laughed a little, and closed the wardrobe back

Hashirama was chatting with Kakashi about who-knew-what, as well as Minato and Naruto. But most likely, the two blond were talking about Kakashi quietly.

After about an hour, Ashura woke up, surprised to see other people were in his bedroom. His eyes were wide, and he didn't know what to say. Realizing that Ashura has awoke, Tsunade stood up. "We were waiting for you. Let's have lunch. You must be hungrier than I am" she said. Ashura slowly got out of the bed, standing.

'We were waiting for you' that sentence repeated several times in Ashura's mind, and he just forgot his curiosity about what the strangers were doing in his bedroom. he stood up from his bed and grinned

"Yeah. Let's eat"