Chapter Twenty Eight

"Hey Fury looks like you and me have to talk."

With that Fury promptly explained he'd be there to talk about the fight and what the hell is going on. The call ended and per the chaperones request I was examined at the hospital. Finally I was allowed to return to the hotel with my classmates.

"Who was the guy you were fighting with?!" Flash asks me as he looks over at me. I move the ice pack back over my eye as I sit silently. I don't want to talk. I did awful with that fight. How am I supposed to prove I can handle a candle to my father if I get beat by a giant prick made of fucking water. "Was he an avenger?"

"No," I say simply as I look around the room for my boyfriend.

"It's aliens. It has to be," Ned says geeking out.

"BuzzFeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers," Flash reads from his phone.

"Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the internet," MJ says sarcastically.

"Stark what do you think?" Flash asks me, "I mean you fought it - kinda."

"Leave me alone," I growl as I settle into the chair, "now."

"Spider-Man can take him," Flash says.

"What do you think it is?" Mr. Harrington asks.

"You know, being a man of science...Witches," Mr. Dell says then looks to me cringing slightly, "nothing against you miss Stark." I look over to Ned with more anger then he's ever seen on me and almost growl. 

"I'm going to scream," I say to him. 

"No, no, no, no. We wanna stay. We wanna stay," I hear Peter say from the phone. I sigh. 

"Well Stark," One of Peter's classmates says, "Have you fought with the guy before?"

"No," I say to them, "A lot of the time we meet in a fight before we properly meet. Its hero stuff that most won't understand." I'm bombarded with more and more questions. As Peter moves beside me suddenly I feel better. He takes my hand smiling comfortingly at me. 

"You okay babe?" He asks me. I nod.

"Yeah just a little sore," I say to him as I adjust the icepack as he rests his head on my shoulder. 

"Who is that guy?" Betty asks as the news reports roll of the guy fighting with Peter and I. 

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one," Brad says then looks over to me, "sorry."

"Iron man isn't a bad word relax," I say to them getting annoyed with everyone looking at me.

"- He's all right. He's no Spider-Man," Flash says. I chuckle at the comment then make eye contact with a smirking Peter.

"What is it with you and Spider-Man?" MJ asks him.

"What? He's just awesome, okay?" Flash says getting defensive. "He protects the neighborhood, and, you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man." Suddenly he looks over at Peter and I and looks to Peter harshly. "'Sup, dickwad? I thought you drowned."

"You know Peter's met Spiderman," I say to the bully, "and he got to actually met a couple of other heroes. I guess its just a perk of note being a giant prick." Flash smirks at me boldly.

"Have I ever told you how incredibly attractive you are?" He asks me. I roll my eyes at him as I move closer to my boyfriend.

"I wouldn't even let you lick my boot," I say to him.