Chapter Eighteen

My father and Pepper were good. Engaged and ready to marry. My father ready to have a baby. While I am enjoying my time at an actual high school. Even though I now was breezing through subjects and college classes. Honestly I feel as if everything was together. I felt normal and amazing. Peter and I finally get a relationship that would allow me to actually be with him.

Today like any other we were walking with fingers laced together. Bright smiles on our faces.

  "I honestly love all of the college classes that are offered through here," I tell Peter, "it helps with me preparing to attempt to take over everything for Stark after my dad retires."

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?" He asks me and I nod.

"I've spent my whole life working with my dad," I tell him, "helping him build this empire away from military weapons to things that actually help the world. He deserves to finally take a break." Peter nods tightening his grip on my hand. "Besides once we get out of school and we get to university. You have that scholarship from my dad for being at Stark Industries."

"Yeah," He says happily, "well be together. That's all that matters."

"Yep," I smile. I lean closer to him and peck his cheek. As we get on the bus for the field trip we see Ned standing before us.

"Y/n, Peter oh my god I got a Avenger lego Set," Ned says, "yes they make those now and Spider-Man and Elemental are in it!" Peter and I exchange a look and smile.

"Sweet," I say to him, "want help making it?"

"Of course," He says to us, "Peter you in?"

"Duh!" Peter says, "any time!"

"Great my house tonight?" Ned asks and we nod. We board the bus. Peter and I in the seat in behind Ned. I put my headphones in listening to my playlist. While Ned and Peter talk softly about whatever I listen to the soft music. I lean into Peter and he smiles. Wrapping his arms around me tightly.

I feel a soft change in the atmosphere. Something so similar to the first attack on New York. I look up yanking my head phones out as Peter looks over at me.

"Window," He says. We both move to look at the flying mechanical ship outside.

"Shit let me get ahold of my dad," I tell Peter as he tries to get Ned's attention.

"Ned, hey. I need you to cause a distraction," Peter says and I look over to him as I dial my dads number.

"Peter you can't go out there," I say to him, "this alien shit is tougher than you think. I promise."

"I have to," He says signaling Ned.

"Holy shit. We're all gonna die! There's a spaceship!" Ned yells. All of the students rush to the back with him leaving Peter and I alone in the front.

"Don't do it," I say to him. Fearful of what would happen. "Wait until I talk to my dad. Or at least take me with you-"

"You aren't going out there," he says sternly, "you can't. Just stick with Ned. I have to go." He tilts my head upwards connecting my lips to his. The short passionate kiss was filled with so many emotions I'm scared to end it. He cups my cheek as he pulls away. "I love you."

"Peter please," I beg.

"I love you more than anything else," he says. I feel a tear roll down my face.

"I love you too," I say to him. He smiles brightly before rushing off.

"What's going on?" Someone yells.