Chapter Twenty Two

ENDGAME SPOILERS!! 

Five Years After The Snap. . .

I bounce back on my feet as I keep punching the punching bag. Every hit scolds the bag the slightest bit. The sounds of my hand hitting the bag echoes through the room. My anger radiating off of me, what I thought would help just is making my anger worse and worse. Finally I hit the bag so hard it rips off of the ceiling. I sigh in annoyance at the now ruined bag.

"Your dad called," Nat says as she steps inside the gym. "Wanted to know if you'd be home for dinner?"

"He has his new daughter," I say harshly as I hang a new bag,  "besides I'm busy beating this bag and pretending it's that purple bastard."

"Your dad still loves you," Nat says, "you know that right?" I sigh. My hand on the bag as I look down sadly. "No one can replace you as his number one. When no one else would stand by your fathers side you did."

"And it took him three minutes to replace me," I say harshly as I look back to Nat, "I love Morgan. I don't blame her. I blame him for taking away my childhood by making me an avenger then replacing me when things got rough!"

"You don't mean that-"

"I do!" I yell loudly, "I lose my friends, my boyfriend, my family. Everyone! But he was still there. I thought I was so lucky to have him after the snap. But the second Pepper said she was pregnant I lost him too." 

"You didn't lose your dad," She tells me harshly, "go to the dinner. He is your father so remember that he loves you. No matter how shitty you get. Got it?!" I roll my eyes slightly. "I know you are no longer a kid and all but I will still ground you little lady." I look back to her and chuckle lightly.

"Can't ground me I'm 22," I say to her. She smirks at me.

"Do you really want to push it?" She says to me, "go to dinner and talk to your father."

"Fine," I huff. I turn back to the punching bag hitting it down with one punch. No powers. Just pure force. Since the snap I got myself in even better physical shape. Working out to channel my anger at the world. At thanos. At everything and one. It helped a bit. After the snap a lot changed. Prime example I went into college to study Quantum Physics getting my PHD in no time, right after that Nuclear Physics and Astrophysics. Breezing through the studies much like my father did when he would pick them up for a hobby. When I'm not studying or working out I'm working intently on helping the countries move forward in the lack of resources. In summary I'm busying myself twenty-four seven to keep my mind from destroying me. 

"How is school going?" Nat asks me snapping me from my useless thoughts. 

"Oh well I'm working on a Biochemistry degree right now," I tell her, "It's not as bad as it could be since Bruce is helping me a lot with it." She seems slightly confused.

"You are still in contact with Bruce?" She asks me. I nod.

"I'm in contact with all the Avengers," I tell him, "I didn't want to lose my family. I know a lot of you guys don't talk but I wanted to keep in touch." She nods along. 

"I try with most," She tells me, "but plenty don't want to keep up with me. How is Bruce?"

"Uh as good as you can get in his case," I tell her. She nods. "But he's a great teacher. I mean he helps a lot. In fact I am on my fourth PhD because of him." She smiles proudly. I pull all my stuff together. "I guess I should start towards my dads. I'll be home tonight Nat-"

"Stay with your dad," she says to me, "he needs you more than I do right now."

"I don't believe that for a mintue," I say to her, "come on we can have Peanut Butter sandwiches and watch some movies. I think we both need it." She smiles lightly.