Chapter Twenty Five

"I'm okay. I'm okay," Bruce says struggling. His yells in pain as the power surges through his body. How could anyone want to go through this? We all have noble intentions drive us but what did Thanos have? He snaps at once. Suddenly he falls back.

"Bruce!" Steve says jumping to his side.

"Did it work?" I ask softly. As if on cue Hiro cuts in.

"Miss the baby monitor is back online," he says to me, "Peter Parker is alive."

My eyes widen at the words.

"I got him back," I whimper lightly. Before any of us can process the victory everything around us goes black. Loud explosions erupt spilling eardrums. As the ground spilts at the explosions I start to jump up trying to fly out but the ruble falling knocks me back down. I'm pinned in place with no real way to get out. I don't know if anyone is below me so if I toss off this ruble it'll crush them.

"Ah!" I scream loudly as the debris crushes my arms and chest. Its getting harder to breath. I tap the ear piece hoping to reach someone. Some way to escape. "Help! Please! I'm stuck!"

"So are we!" James yells over the headsets, "we are going to drown here!"

"Shit-  They are priority!" I yell over the headset as it slowly gets harder to breath, "if you are near them go to them first. I'll-" I pant, "be fine."

"The stress is crushing bones," Hiro informs me, "if you don't get out soon you'll suffocate."

"Thanks so much Hiro I love your attitude when I'm facing death," I shout, "I can't get out because if I move the ruble will fall crushing Rocket and Rhodey. Its a lose-lose situation. I have to wait."

"And you'll be crushed if you wait," Hiro snaps at me.

"I get it but you are a god damn machine," I snap back. I try to push the rocks slightly in an attempt to let me breath slightly easier. It's painful to say the least. Every gasping breath burns my lungs.

"Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy? We're in the lower level, it's flooding!" James yells over the headset.

"Shit," I say harshly, "Hiro is there anyway I can get down there without upsetting the balance of the ruble?"

"No," Hiro says, "you moving will crush them.

"We're drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!"

"James I can't get down there," I say as I press the headset, "I'm stuck up here. I'll try to get someone else down there... Hiro emergency alert the other avengers now!"

"I'm trying my best," He says to me, "the pressure is damaging systems- you need to move."

"Just listen to me!"

"Enemies have entered the premise," Hiro informs me. My eyes widen at the realization. I move yanking off my mask. 

"Who?" I ask him.

"Thanos it seems," He says to me. 

"Shit shit shit," I growl, "Rhodey progress down there?"

"Still almost drowning! Wait-"

"Wait what?" I ask harshly.

"They've excited the ruble!" Hiro exclaims, "there are no heat signatures in the ruble."

"Rhodey were are you?" I ask at once as I frantically look around.

"Out now get out here!" James yells.

"Hiro whats are chance?" I ask him.

"0.0086% chance," he says solemnly

"That's not zero," I say softly. I move my hands forcing all my energy into them. I push all of the ruble up with them will keeping some in my legs to push my self out. It frees me quickly and I use the air to fly from the ruble. I move landing down into the crowds of people standing beside Steve and my father. I look around to see the victims of the snap those years ago now back.