Dancers - Kai, Lay, Sehun (EXO)

You were stood in the practice room, practicing as you wait on Kai

You were stood in the practice room, practicing as you wait on Kai. The two of you were doing a duet dance together and you have been practicing for about a week now. The duet is a contemporary dance, telling a love story between two forbidden lovers. Kai, like the amazing dancer he is, has all of his moves down beautifully. All he has to do is refine them slightly so they look even better. You on the other hand are having some crazy trouble with your solo part. The moves just don't seem to flow like you want them to. No matter how many times you watch your choreographer do the dance, you just can't seem to get them down.

You're working on a spin when Kai walks in. As you spin your ankle gives beneath you and you crash to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Kai asks, running over to you.

"Yeah," you say, pouting as you spread your leg out in front of you and examine your ankle.

Kai gently takes your ankle in his hands, and with the eyes and gentle hands of someone who's checked for injuries a million times, assesses the damage to your ankle. He pushes up against your toes so your calf tightens and the bottom of your ankle stretches. He watches your face as he does so, his eyes searching for any discomfort. Kai then pulls your foot down, stretching your shin muscles as he tests the top of your ankle. Again, his eyes search your face for any signs of discomfort. When he sees none he exhales and says, "You should be more careful!"

"I know," you say, pulling your knees up towards your chest.

Kai sighs, "What's the problem, kiddo?"

You roll your eyes.

"I'm a grown woman Kai. I've told you not to call me kiddo," you say.

"Sorry," he replies.

"I just can't seem to get my solo portion down. It's so frustrating! I've watched our choreographer do it a million times. I've emulated the moves, a million times, yet my moves are still so robotic!" You groan loudly and hide your face in your knees.

"That is problematic," Kai says, smoothing his fingers through your hair, "Why don't we just work on your solo today then."

You look up at his proposal, your eyes wide and mouth agape.

"Seriously? You'd do that?" You ask.

Kai laughs.

"Of course! Let's go!" he exclaims, standing and offering you his hand.

You take his hand and he pulls you up.

"Show me the first section," Kai says, standing back to watch you.

You start your solo, trying to make your moves flow like your choreographer does. Kai watches silently until you finish the first section then walks over to you.

"You're too tense. You're so focused on trying to make it look right that you're not listening to the music. Don't just copy Noona's moves, feel them. You need to listen to the music and let it lead you. The moment you do that is the moment your moves will begin to flow," Kai says. "Try it again, but this time, listen to the music and let it carry you; just like how the wind carries a leaf."