"You heard me." She said hesitantly.

"You are not getting rid of Bran, I've grown too close to him to have him leave now!" I said loudly.

"The mutt goes, or I go." Janet pushed herself off her chair and walked over to me, and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Then leave." I smirked and folded my arms too.

Even in her highest high-heels, I had a good couple of inches on her, which only made me feel even more supreme.

She may have Dad wrapped around her finger, but her charms didn't work on me the first time, so even when she threatened me, I wasn't worried.

"You are such a spoiled little brat." Janet retorted.

"You should look into a mirror and say that." I responded, her rude remarks didn't hurt.

They never will.

-

Janet left the house shortly, not wanting anything to do with me during the day. So it was now just me and Bran.

I coughed and sneezed for the past hour, as I sat on the couch and looked at the blank screen of the TV. Dad tried to fix it when he came back, but ended up making the problem worse.

He was too stubborn to call a repairman to fix it. So we basically have a broken TV in the living room.

Bran curled into a ball on my lap, he was so inactive that I was growing worried of his health. I'd take him out for a walk, but I'm too sick to even leave the house, much less get off this couch.

But I was forced to, when the doorbell rang. I pushed Bran off me and took my own sweet time to open the door. When I did, I revealed a sad-looking Calum.

"Hey." Calum croaked, and gave me a sad smile.

"Cal? Are you okay?" I grabbed his wrist and tugged him into the house and closed the door behind us.

"No." He groaned and rubbed his eyes intensely.

Not to be mean, but Calum looked like shit. His clothes were all wrinkled. He had bags under his eyes. His hair was messier than mine this morning. His lips were undeniably chapped. His usually tanned skin was slightly paler than normal.

If he wasn't sick, then I don't know what could be botheing him right now.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I went to a party last night." He let out a shaky laugh, but his smile dropped almost immediately, "And Connie sort of kissed me." He covered his mouth when he said the least part, but I still heard him.

"What?" I breathed out.

"I went to a party, and she was there too. Alone. She made a move on me. I could not reject such an opportunity like that, she then mumbled some nice things into our kiss, well not much of a kiss but a make out session, and then she said 'I love you' and I sort of flipped out and pulled away from her and started asking about what relationship we had and she just left claiming that she wasn't ready for this yet, and that she wasn't sure if she loved Cameron." Calum rambled, he wanted to continue but I stopped him.

I shushed him when he started blubbering and hiccuping and pulled him into a tight hug. "Love sucks." He muttered into my shoulder.

"I know," I agreed, "but it gets better." I reasoned.

"Yeah, 'cause that's a perfectly rational explanation of what happened to you and Luke." He scoffed.

"Cal, maybe Luke and I just weren't meant to be. So what?" I didn't want to talk about him. He would always bring good memories that would make me miss him, which soon leads to the bad memory of how I stopped talking to him.