chapter 2

"There is something I need to tell you about your bloodline." Dad begins.

I'm pretty sure I know everything. I mean come on. I am the daughter of you and mom and I have a dead twin brother and an annoying as hell younger sister. "Oh really? What would you not want to tell me?" My words come out more snarky than I mean them too.

He grins at me, not caring about my attitude. "A very important secret that you will hear once you sit."

"Why do I have to sit? Can't I just, like, stand here?" I ask. Those guys beside you and around this room are intimidating. And I always stand my ground.

"Just sit, little pup." One of the men growls out.

I turn my head and glare at him. Jack puts his hand on my upper arm. The guy is glaring right back at me. Wow, he's a brave one. Stupid one if you ask me.

Dad sighs. "Just sit Summer. This is very important."

I sigh and comply. I sit in the chair right in front of dad and look directly at him. Jack sits on the floor next to me and plays with the fabric of the rug. I see, out of the corner of my eyes, the men move behind me and Jack. I straighten up.

"Do you know what we are?" One of the men ask from behind me.

"A jackass?" I ask looking at then with my eyebrow raised.

One of them laughs. "That's a new one. I like it. But sadly, no. Guess again."

Jack looks up at me and taps his head. I look at him confused. Does he want me to use my powers on him? I promised I wouldn't and I always keep my promise. "I give up. What's the secret?"

"First, put ALL your weapons on the desk. It's for everyone's safety." Dad taps the desk, knowing I'm going to protest.

"Why?!" I feel confusion forming on my face. Dad gives me a challenging look that I don't want to dare mess with. Jack quickly obeys and puts a throwing knife on the desk. One of the men laugh.

I turn and glare at him and he shuts up. I stand up and pull my backpack off and put it on the desk. I pull a gun from my hip and a few throwing knives from my shoes. I also put my hands on the desk facing up. Jack laughs and shakes his head. I smile and hear a slight chuckle from dad.
Anyone get it? Assassin? Kill with my bare hands? No? Okay then.

"Such a smart ass. Gotta love it though. Now sit and keep your hands on your lap. I don't want you to touch the weapons." Dad says, I nod and obey. "You aren't gonna believe me but in this room we are all wolves. And no not the stupid ones either."

Yeah right. Next joke please. There are stupid ones? "Seriously? You wanna play that game? Fine, I'm the next commander."

"He's not lieing, Summer. Because I can show you." Jack says, looking at me.

"Oh really? Go ahead. This is the stupidest thing I've heard all day." I say. It's stupid. I lean back in my seat, waiting for the real important reason he called me here from work.

I hear a ripping of clothes behind me and paws land. I feel my face form shock. Please let this be a joke. I turn in my seat and see a giant black wolf. Oh my fuck! NO NO NO NONONONONO!  These are just fictional things not real ones.

I see one of the other men phase. Holy son of a cracker jack. They are real wolves. I fall out of the chair and back up against the wall. Jack's eyes widen and he rushes over to me. I look up to him in fear. I see hurt in his eyes.

"I'm one too, Summer. Please don't look at me like that." Jack says - no begs.

"Is he her mate?" One of the non-phased men say.

"No. He's her best friend. Although,  her mate did talk to me today. That's why I had to tell her about this because he will want to tell her when he sees her next." Dad infroms him.

"Do you believe us now?" Another man asks.

I nod. I have never seen anything like this before. "How about you, dad? Can you phase like them?" I want to see how dad looks. He can't be like them.

He gives me sad smile and nods. "I can shift just like them. Do you want to see? Or would you prefer Jack to phase and show you what he looks like?"

"Mr. Woods, I don't think that's a good idea if I phase. Summer might freak out too much and I need her in her more...ummm...sane right of mind." Jack says.

"Okay." Dad nods and stands in front of me but not too close.

I see his clothes rip and a giant shiny black wolf stands in front of me looking down to me. He has my father's eyes. I scream and try to back away even more. Please no. I can't be one of these things. Nope nope and fuck no.

I kick my foot out but the wolf catches it with his jaws. I scream. Stupid me. I should have known. I try to pull my foot from his grip and he holds it. I feel tears run down my face. I've been through a lot but this, this is scary.

Scarier than almost drowning, than almost being shot in the head, than ever being dropped from a plane without a parachute. You get my drift.

"Please stop. She's crying." Jack says getting between me and the wolf. 

The wolf drops my foot and I pull my leg to my chest and sit there crying. Jack sits in front of me and pulls me into a hug. The giant wolf releases a huff and lays beside me and Jack. He lays his head on his paws and looks at me.

"I'm sorry to scare you, Summer. I just wanted you to understand." I hear my dad's voice in my head I jump back and scream

"STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!" I yell.

So this is my first book please tell me what you think!!!

The more comments the merrier! And comment if you think I should add anything.