Smells Like Teen Spirit (Avengers/Parker x teen!reader)

Sorry, I've been too busy to proofread, so I hope it's not too much of a mess!

Sitting in your room at the Avengers compound, found at the back corner and on the top floor like it should be for the youngest and the newest, you were relieved at your location; you needed solitude and you needed exclusion to hide away from the others. You were deep in a study session for the SAT examination the following morning, and the stress had reached its peak. You weren't completely alone, however, if for no other reason than to be sure that your misery was shared.

"How does this come so easily to you, Parker?"

"Hmm?"

"I said, how does this come so easily for you?"

"What?" Peter mumbled back, inattentively. He had four books splayed out in front of him, though his attention was fixed on his phone and the latest text from MJ. Ever since the two of them moved up to couple status, you had the worst time getting your best friend to pay attention to anything else.

"I was gonna say the genius, but you've gone monosyllabic and I'm rethinking my original assessment."

"Huh?"

"Nevermind," you scoffed, pushing up to stand with a loud groan of pained muscles. "I think I need a break. My eyeballs are melting."

"No!" he finally perked up, standing to meet you. "Come on, I'm sorry! Just one more hour. We're so close to being done."

"Pete, the SAT's are tomorrow. If I don't know this now, then a cram session isn't going to help. Look, I'm hungry and cranky, and I need a break."

"Like a toddler?"

"I'm just gonna act like you didn't say that," you smiled flatly. "I bet if we ask Tony he'll let us order out and use his tab-"

"(Y/N), we just ate like an hour ago," Pete practically whined. He looked down at his phone yet again when the vibration from it caught his attention, but when your stare at him caught him even harder, he shoved the device into his pocket and gave you his worried expression in return. "What's with you? Since when are you a stress eater?"

"Since the stress is crushing me, Pete. Thanks for being so understanding once you took a second to actually pay attention...dick." Before he could say any more, you turned to leave, slamming the door closed behind you so that he wouldn't follow. You cried when you were angry, it was a terrible habit that you could barely stop, but you were determined to not let him push you that far. Your only means to make it was to run.

~~~

You were hoping that the kitchen would be empty, given the late hour; most of the team had turned in for the night and you thought you had a clear shot. You weren't sure how you could've made such a simple mistake when you heard the team's master snacker foraging around in the refrigerator. Turning the corner into the room all you could see was a butt sticking out from the appliance and a few choice curses as his grip slipped and something spilled onto his feet.

"Aw, hell," Tony grumbled, standing up and backing away, but you caught his eye almost immediately. "Hey, kiddo. What brings you down here? Thought you and webs were studying for the big test?"

"We are, but I need a quick snack time."

"Didn't you just-"

"Yes, Tony. I did just eat. My brain is completely fried, and I need another break. I figured that you of all people would understand."

Those stupid tears were trying to make an entrance again, and you pushed them back, but not before they were noticed. You used a weak attempt of a wipe of your sleeve over your eyes to try to play it off, hurrying to the refrigerator before he could stop you, but Tony's hand gently rested on your arm before you could get very far.