Okay, Now It's Strange (Stephen Strange x reader)

Your intent was never to lead anyone on; to portray any interest in them if it wasn't there, and you would definitely protect them from the effects of your powers if you could. Unfortunately, any time that you tried, it failed, and even if you masked your true image, the sense of your supernatural beauty would seep through the shield and they would somehow be consumed by it. You had considered carrying out a plan of emotional manipulation on your team to spare them from the embarrassment of how they felt around you, knowing that those feelings weren't true, but after consulting with Dr. Strange, he advised against it. He believed that eventually, their minds would adapt to your presence and the overwhelming attraction would wane.

It had been three years now, and so far, he was completely wrong.

"G'morning, (Y/N)."

Rhodey greeted you first as you entered the kitchen with a groaning yawn and a flippant wave of your hand to shut him up. You hadn't slept well, and the evil fire ball in the sky was too bright and too enthusiastic about lighting the world for your taste. Wearing one sock, a pair of Bruce's sweatpants that had somehow landed in your laundry, and a threadbare t-shirt that was maybe Clint's, you stumbled into the room and to the refrigerator, cracking open and slamming down a can of soda when the coffee wasn't ready fast enough.

"Bad night?" he tried again, barely peeking over his newspaper, using it as a shield without even realizing it.

"Mmm hmm, sleep...coffee...Steve snores...thin walls...destroy that damn sun..." you mumbled almost incoherently, tossing the can aside and turning back towards the door. But because the universe had seemed to hate you from day one, Tony turned the final corner to face you, coming down the hall with a skip in his step and a stupid whistle coming out of his stupid face. "Stark," you warned, "I'll sew those lips shut myself."

"Aww, mornin' sweetheart! Crawled out on the wrong side of the bed today?"

"Every side is wrong today, Tony, but since Steve has inhumane training sessions at all hours of the morning, I can't go back to bed. I need to get ready, excuse me."

"What do you mean? I thought you already were?"

You stopped in your tracks and turned to look at Tony as if he had grown two extra heads. How could he be seeing that you were anywhere near ready to spar with Steve? You weren't even sure if the sock you were wearing was your own or not. Raising your hand up in front of his face, you hoped that he would give you the right answer to a simple question, otherwise you all had bigger problems to deal with. "Tony? How many fingers am I holding up?"

"One," he shrugged, "that very special one that I see more than enough, if you don't mind putting it away."

"Okay, so at least we know you're not blind. How could you possibly think that I'm ready for training dressed like this?"

"What? You look great," he scoffed as he turned to Rhodey, who gave a nod of agreement, "but then again, you always look great."

"Tony, we've talked about this-"

"Yeah, I know, it's all voodoo, head games, messing with my senses crap that your kind do, but I'm telling ya, I honestly think you look great."

"Mmm hmm," Rhodes muttered enthusiastically, trying to not spill the coffee from his mouth. He wanted to be sure you knew that he was giving you due attention as well, so that you didn't question his interest. It was just another failed attempt to get, however, as you knew this wasn't how they really felt. Every time that poorly executed flirting came your way from the team, it made you question if this was where you should be; how would they ever find their true person to share their lives with if you were blinding them to anyone else?