TWENTY-SIX: Turning Tables

Gaia's POV

Tinitigan kong mabuti ang babaeng nakahiga ngayon. I gently touched her face and trace her outlines. May mumunting kuryenteng dumaan sa kamay ko nang gawin ko iyon.

Napaka peaceful ng hitsura ni Blythe. Not to mention she's really pretty kahit saang anggulo mo tignan. From her perfect eyebrows to the long lashes that makes her more dreamy and her cute nose which she gets from her mom. At alam kong sa oras na ibukas niya ang kanyang mata ay mas lalo akong mahuhulog sa kanya. Her icy blue eyes that seem to pierce through you, it isn't fair. And that full lips. Oh god those lips that I've tasted once.

When she kissed me in the museum I thought I was dreaming. It feels too magical to become real. I am not stupid not to notice that she likes. Pero ayun na nga ang problema. She only thinks she likes me. I could have made a move to have her for myself pero hindi ko muna iyon gagawin until I make things clear first.

"Hey, I've talked to Night already." it was Hali who just enteres the room. "He made sure that the guy you just punched will be fine. A few broken ribs is not that bad anyway." she said rather sarcastic.

"That's not enough. I want that guy banned on any of our establishements or anywhere that Blythe goes. I'll make sure that that bastard will not breath the same air as ours. And tell Night that he has to do something about the bartender, too. That jerk should get fired for giving an alcohol as strong as Everclear to Blythe."

"Okay," lumapit rin ito sa kinahihigaan ni Blythe and stroked her hair. Hali looked at her almost lovingly. "She's going to be alright, Gaia. She'll have a terrible hangover tomorrow, sure, but other than that she's gonna be fine."

"I know. I'll make sure of it." I said with all conviction.

Pero hindi ko maiwasang hindi mag alala ngayong gabi. She was assaulted and she's under the influence of alcohol. I have no doubt that Blythe can defend herself in her sober state but with a little drug or alcohol to make her weak, hindi ko alam kung anong puwedeng mangyari. Mabuti nalang at sinundan ko siya nang mag walk out sa room kanina.

"I should leave first. Nasa baba pa pala si Jenna at kailangan ko na siyang pauwiin." Hali stood up.

"Alas dos na ng madaling araw, Hali. Bakit hindi mo nalang patulugin si Jen sa bahay? Ang dami namang bakanteng kuwarto doon."

"Nah, she doesn't want to do overnights."

"That's what you think. Wala namang magagawa si Jenna kapag pinauwi mo siya dahil utos mo iyon. Pero huwag ka namang maging insensitive. She's our friend now too you know."

Hali just shrugged her shoulders and kissed Blythe on her forehead before leaving. One of these days that sister of mine will lose the greatest girl in her life without realizing it. She's taking the people who chose to stay by her side for granted at ewan ko kung kailan siya matatauhan. I just hope na makita niya iyon before everyone starts leaving her.

I take Blythe's hand and hold it against mine. Hinalikan ko ang likod ng palad niya and gave her one last look before I decided to take my leave too. Magpapalipas nalang din siguro ako ng gabi sa bahay namin tutal nandito na naman kami sa Mirage. Dito na kasi namin dinala si Blythe before she passed out.

Dahan dahan kong sinara ang pintuan ng kuwarto niya. I saw Auburn leaning against the wall just outside Blythe's room when I went out. Nakahalukipkip ito at hindi makikitaan ng anumang emosyon sa mukha.

"Okay na ba siya?" she asked.

"Passed out, but she's gonna be fine."

"Good." she walked towards the stairs but before she can do so, nahawakan ko siya sa braso. Tumingin siya sa braso niyang hawak ko tapos sa akin.