TWENTY-FOUR: Rainbows and Butterflies

This one's for blv_38. Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I appreciate you leaving a comment every time I update. Thank ü

🌈

-------

Blythe's POV

"Hey! I just cleaned that!"

She pushed me gently away from the sink. Walang karasahan, purely out of cleanliness that's why she's scolding me right now.

"But it's more tasty this way." To prove my point, I dipped my pinky finger on the sauce I'm making and motioned it towards her. Nagbibiro lang naman talaga ako pero hindi ko ine-expect na papatulan niya ang mga ganong biro ko.

Before I even had the chance to retrieve my hand, she grabbed it and sucked the finger I'm holding out. I felt her hot tongue licked the hell out of my helpless pinky.

"Masarap nga. Pero ako na diyan. Nagkakalat ka lang eh."

Natulos ako sa kinatatayuan ko. My hand froze in the air at nakatitig lang ako doon. She doesn't seem to give a damn on why I suddenly became petrified because she continued to work her way around the kitchen while I'm here, wide-eyed and looking like a complete idiot.

My hands eventually found its way on my chest. It's an automatic response whenever I can feel my heart racing. I'd hate to die like this. I refuse to die like this oh god. Bakit ba ako napunta sa ganitong sitwasyon?

Let me tell you briefly what happened....

It has been two weeks since I started operation truce on Auburn. I did not expect the outcome of my plan to be this thriving and exciting at the same time.

After that dinner incident where I secretly watched her eat from my bedroom door—it may sound creepy as fuck, but I truly enjoyed seeing her get satisfied while eating the food I 'unintentionally' prepared for her, everything went surprisingly smooth.

We bumped into each other again the morning after but because she said she needs to use the bathroom first, I just did my usual morning routine. And just like I planned, I brewed coffee that is good for two and deliberately left it in the brewer for her to drink. Ganun lang yun. Walang imikan pero wala ring bangayan.

It was the first peaceful morning I had since I moved in. Until...

Friday last week...

"Boss, di mo ba sasagutin yang phone mo? Kanina pa natunog." Chris shoved me my blinking phone, an indication that someone's calling.

I look it up and saw that it's an unregistered numbered. Hindi ko sinasagot ang tawag galing sa mga unknown numbers pero may nag udyok sa akin na sagutin ang isang ito. I went out of the KTV room where my team are singing their hearts out.

"Hello?"

"Hey, did I disturb you?" sabi ng nasa kabilang linya.

It's Auburn. Except I don't wanna assume things when it comes to her. "I'm sorry who's this?" Natatawa ako sa sarili ko coz' I can see her eyes rolling right now.

"It's Auburn. Can I ask you a favor? Can you pick me up?"

Tumaas ang kilay ko pagkuwa'y napangiti sa loob loob.  She wants me to pick her up now, huh? "Why? Wala ka bang sasakyan?" Come to think of it, I never saw her driving a car before.

"I do not own a car."

Kunwari ay napasinghap ako. "What?! A Romano who doesn't own a car?! Are you for real?"