ELEVEN: Playful

Hali's POV

I don't know how long I have been staring at my bedroom wall. All I know is that I woke up when it's still dark and a little light is now creeping through the curtains.

I took a deep breath and sighed. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to remember what my dream was.

"Hal, are you there?"

I tried to find the voice. We were inside a pitch black room and obviously I can't see anything.

"I'm here. Are you okay?"

She started sobbing and I really wanted to rush over at where she is. The last thing I want is to make her cry.

"I'm really scared Hal. Are we gonna die?"

"Shhhh, we'll be fine. As long as I am here, nothing is gonna happen to you. I promise."

I made sure that I sound brave. But deep inside there's this doubt that it's not gonna end well.

I whimpered as I tried to wriggle my hands out of the rope that I'm tied in. Mahigpit ang pagkakatali niyon kaya masakit kapag sinusubukan kong makawala. I needed to at least do something to get us out of here.

Just as I was about to get out of my ropes, the door swung open and it made me jump. A flood of light suddenly filled the room and it took my eyes some time to adjust on the brightness.

A scream filled the room and when I finally get used to the light, I saw two men dragging her away.

"Don't take her! Please just take me instead! Don't you dare hurt her assholes!"

Halos mapatid ang ugat ko sa leeg sa kakasigaw sa mga hinayupak na kumakaladkad ngayon sa kanya. She was resisting them and it pains me seeing her getting helpless.

"Putangina, tumahimik ka kung ayaw mong masaktan!"

One of the goons grabbed her by the neck and she started choking and I instantly see red.

"You son of a bitch! I'm gonna kill you!"

I gave it all my strength and try to get up but the ropes are just so tight. I can feel my wrists bleeding behind me but I never paid attention to that.

"Isa ka pa! Manahimik ka!"

The other goon walks towards me and slapped me hard on the face.

"Hali!" she screamed.

Halos mabali ang leeg ko sa pagkakasampal ng hayop sa akin. I almost blacked out and I can now taste blood on my mouth too.

She started screaming again and with the last strenghth I have left, I tried to stand up pero natumba lamang ang upuan kasama ako. I'm starting to feel light headed.

No no no. It can't be. I promised her. Please, don't hurt her.

I wanted so much to scream at them like it would magically make them disappear. I wish they would disappear.

"Hali!" she screamed again.

Tears rolled out of my eyes as I'm seeing were both getting helpless.

Malapit na sila sa pintuan and I can feel all hope getting lost.

"LAYLA!"

I shot my eyes open as I remember that scene. It wasn't just a simple dream. I wish it was, but it wasn't. All of that happened for real in the past. And everytime it visits me to my sleep, I can still feel every pain I went through.