Chapter 11

Dally definitely wouldn't let Johnny go to jail because he doesn't want Johnny to get mean. He has been to jail and knows what happens. I slowly calmed down the closer we got to Buck's. Johnny's hand was still shaking so he must have been scared. I shook his hand around so he looked at me.

"Johnny relax. You have been stiff this whole time. Loosen up a little."

"How d-do you expect m-me to relax when I-I just killed a boy?"

"I know it's hard, but you have to get calmer. Just clam down a little, and I will be happy."

He sort of calmed down, and I helped that out by giving him a kiss on his cheek. He actually smiled for the first time all night. Once we got go Buck's, Buck opened the door. He must have been drunk or having a party because he wasn't having it.

"What do you want?" He was moody.

"We need to talk to Dally," Pony told him.

"Eh, forget it. He's busy."

"Tell him it's Pony and Johnny man he'll come."

"Hold on."

He walked back inside, and we waited...and waited...and waited. After a while, Dally came out shirtless.

"What do you guys want?"

"Johnny killed a soc," Ponyboy couldn't have said that anymore straightforward.

"Good job. Now, come inside. Pony are you wet?" He pulls us inside, "Oh hey Kayla."

"I'm not necessarily happy right now."

He looked shocked. He led us inside and up to his room. He gave Pony one of Buck's flannels, and Johnny just kept looking out the window. I went up behind Johnny and put my arm over his shoulder. We both looked out the window together. Dally looked up at us and smiled a little. He nudged Pony, and they both looked at us.

"Oh. Are you two a thing?" Dally asked. Johnny and I both looked over at him like he was an idiot.

"What an observation?" I say, trying to make Johnny laugh. He was still shaken up from earlier that night, so he didn't laugh. Dally laughed though. After he talked and told us to head to Windrixville, he lead us out the door. We headed for the freight to Windrixville. While Ponyboy used Johnny's legs as pillows, I let Johnny lay his head on my shoulder. I set my head on top of Johnny's head, and we all fell asleep. Johnny woke up first and woke up Pony and me. We jumped had to jump off the moving train, so Pony and Johnny went first. I got scared, so I didn't jump at the same time as Johnny and Pony. They both ran with the train, and yelled that they would catch me. I was still scared, but I got the courage and jumped into their arms. Pony walked in front of Johnny and I holding hands. Once we finally got to the church, we were all tired, it was late, and we just went to sleep together. Multiple times, I felt Johnny move his arm over my waist from behind me. I didn't move his hand back because I actually enjoyed it. When I woke up in the morning, Johnny wasn't there......