Chapter 10

"Pony, do you wanna get outta here?" Kayla asked. I was shaking badly, and I could feel that Kayla's hand was too. We just looked at each other with the pure fear we both had earlier.

"No, let's see what they want. Just stay calm," He replied. We climbed atop of some bars as the soc car pulled into the lot. They all pretty much fell out of the car. They were obviously drunk.

"Aren't these the greasers who tried to pick up on our women," the blonde soc says. Pony and I jumped off the bars, but Kayla stayed sitting up there for a few seconds more. 

"You're outta your territory. You guys better watch it," I said, trying to sound mean and not scared to death. It obviously didn't work because the dark haired soc saw right through me. 

"No pal, you better watch it," The dark haired one said. Kayla stepped down from the bars and stood beside and a slight way behind me. I knew we were gonna have to run, but I still tried to push Kayla farther behind me to protect her, but she wouldn't move. I gave up and just let her stand there. 

"You know what a greaser is, white trash with long, greasy hair," The blonde one said. His buddies laughed behind him. When Pony started to talk back, I was already sideways with Kayla to run. 

"You know what a soc is."

"What?" The brown haired one answered.

"White trash with mustangs and madras."

Pony spit at them, and we all took off. Kayla was held back by two of the socs, but I couldn't get back to her. A soc ran after me and threw me to the ground and started kicking me around. It hurt like hell, but I wasn't going to let them drown Pony I grabbed my switchblade out of my back pocket. I heard Kayla scream, but I was about to save Pony. I snuck up behind the blonde soc and stabbed him right through his back and out his stomach. I regretted it as soon as I did it.  I couldn't go to jail, so we had to run. The socs dropped all ran. I fell straight to the ground and was scared. I was so scared that I was shaking. Pony was passed out on the ground, and I saw Kayla crying and running toward us. 

"Johnny what did you do?"she asked me. 

"I killed him. I killed that boy. I-I didn't know what else to do, and they were drowning Pony. What was I supposed to do?"I replied. I was stuttering since I was scared. I always stutter when I am scared. 

"Nothing I guess. We need to wake up Pony and get away. We can't stay here, or we'll all go to jail."

Just as Kayla said that, Pony woke up and looked right at me and asked me the same question she did. Pony said he as gonna be sick and he had to walk away. He walked over and threw up all the water in his system. I cleaned off my blade and we headed to Buck's. I was scared that I was going to have to go to jail, but I also don't think that Dally would let that happen. He has been to jail and knows what happens. I just didn't want to end up like Dally. Kayla had calmed down the closer we got to Buck's. I was still petrified.