Chapter 5

He KISSED me! When we pulled back out of the kiss, he tried to apologize, but I kissed him on the lips again. I felt him smile into the kiss. This was actually my first kiss. I never thought that it would be the first day I come out from my room. When we pulled out of the kiss, I looked down while he looked out at the sunset. I looked up at him and then at the sunset.

"It's real pretty ain't it?" I asked him. He looked over at me and smiled.

"N-Not as pretty as y-you," he blushed. I turned to him and smiled.

"You really don't seem like the kind of person to flirt with someone. You seem really shy. Why?"

"I try to stay unnoticed. Blend in with crowds. I don't like being the center of attention."

"Me neither. I only want to be noticed by the people I know."

"D-do you want to ask each other questions t-to learn more about each other?"

"Oh. Y-yeah sure. You go first."

"What's your favorite book?"

"It would probably be Gone With The Wind, you?"

"I like that story, too."

We talked for many hours about anything and everything. It started to get dark, so we started walking to the Nightly Double. After trailing off multiple times, I run up to Johnny and grab hold of his hand. He turns to me with a shocked expression, but it soon turns into a smile. I was enjoying my night. When we got to the Nightly Double, we saw Pony and Dally circling around the place. I unlaced mine and Johnny's hands, and I just walked beside him. When Dally noticed us walking up, he smiled wider than ever. Pony smiled as I ran over to Dally as fast as I could. He stretched his arms out, and I gave him a hug. Johnny came up soon after.

"You know Dally?" Johnny asked.

"Yeah, Dally and I would hang out occasionally when he would wake up with me at like five in the morning," I said. Pony walks up to me and puts his arm over my shoulder, and we started walking around.

"How come I see you walking around with Johnny?" He asked.

"Darry told him to hang out with me all day so I don't get bored.." he looked at me confused, "..if I wasn't lied to."

"That just doesn't sound like Darry to me. Johnny might just like you," He nudged my arm with his elbow. I smiled. We just kept walking around until Dally found a hole in the fence. He started to climb through the hole and helped Pony in. Pony then helped Johnny in, and Johnny helped me. We walked over to the seats and hung out there. I sat in between Pony and Johnny, and Dally was on the other side of Dally. After a little while, Dally started talking dirty to the two girls in front of us. I just shook my head and looked at Johnny. I mouthed to him 'what the hell is he doing', and Johnny just shrugged his shoulders. I watched Dally flirt with this girl for a while until he fell off his chair and I laughed really hard. He got up and walked away. He came back with two cokes. One for one of the girls and one for the other. The red-haired girl took her coke and threw it in Dally's face. Dally attempted to grab the girl, but Johnny stood up.

"Come on, Dal', leave her alone," he said. He looked scared while he did it too. Dally turned away from the girl and looked straight at Johnny.

"What'd you say you little shit? What'd you say to me?" He asked. Johnny seemed to scared to answer, so Dally stopped, "I know when I am not wanted."

With those words, he just walked away. The red-haired girl turned around once Dally was out of sight and kind of yelled at Pony. I grinded my teeth trying not to say anything, and her voice got quieter once she saw Pony. They had small talk for a while until she asked for Pony and Johnny to sit up with them. They went up to sit with them, and I was left sitting there by myself. I kind of got upset since I was left by myself. After a while of watching the movie by myself, a man in a leather jacket and blue jeans walked in front of me and behind Johnny. He turned toward me, and it turned out to be Two-bit. He put his finger up by his mouth to silence me. I nodded, and he put Johnny in a headlock while yelling 'YOU'VE HAD IT NOW GREASE.' It scared the living crap out of Johnny, and he looked like he had just seen a ghost. Two had a little talk with the ladies, Pony, and Johnny until he turned back to me.

"Did you guys just leave Kayla back here all by herself?" He asked, turning back around.

"Umm.... I guess. Sorry Kayla," Pony said.

"Where's Dally anyways?" Two asked. Some guy walked up behind the seats where I was. He wasn't attractive like the rest of the guys, but he was a greaser and seemed to know the boys.