Chapter 6

I KISSED her! I don't exactly know where my confidence came from, but I feel like I can be brave around her. When we pulled back out of the kiss, I tried to apologize, but she kissed me before I could. I smile into the kiss. This my first kiss, and I loved it. When we pulled out of the kiss, she looked down while I looked out at the sunset.

"It's real pretty ain't it?" She asked. I looked over and smiled.

"N-Not as pretty as y-you," I blushed. We turned to each other and smiled.

"You really don't seem like the kind of person to flirt with someone. You seem really shy. Why?"

"I try to stay unnoticed. Blend in with crowds. I don't like being the center of attention."

"Me neither. I only want to be noticed by the people I know."

"D-do you want to ask each other questions t-to learn more about each other?"

"Oh. Y-yeah sure. You go first."

"What's your favorite book?"

"It would probably be Gone With The Wind, you?"

"I like that story, too."

We talked for many hours about anything and everything. It started to get dark, so we started walking to the Nightly Double. While we were walking, she would trail off away from me. I felt a hand touch mine, and  I turn to her with a shocked expression. I started to smile, and for some reason, I feel comfortable. When we got to the Nightly Double, Pony and Dally were circling around the place. She unlaced our hands, and she  just walked close to me. When Dally noticed us walking up, he smiled wider than I have ever seen him smile. Pony smiled as Kayla ran over to Dally as fast as she could. He stretched his arms out, and she hugged him. I just followed behind.

"You know Dally?" I asked.

"Yeah, Dally and I would hang out occasionally when he would wake up with me at like five in the morning," she turned and replied. I catch up to Dally, and we started walking around. Pony and Kayla fall behind us and start talking. We just kept walking around until Dally found a hole in the fence. He started to climb through the hole and helped Pony in. Pony then helped me in, and I helped Kayla. We walked over to the seats and hung out there. I sat next to Kayla, and she sat in between Pony and me. After a little while, Dally started talking dirty to the two girls in front of us. Kayla turned and mouthed to me 'what the hell is he doing', and I just shrugged my shoulders. We watched Dally flirt with this girl for a while until he fell off his chair and we all laughed really hard. He got up and walked away. He came back with two cokes. One for one of the girls and one for the other. The red-haired girl took her coke and threw it in Dally's face. Dally attempted to grab the girl, but I stood up.

"Come on, Dal', leave her alone," I said. I was scared to death while I did it. Dally turned away from the girl and looked straight at me. He looked intimidating and scary.

"What'd you say you little shit? What'd you say to me?" He asked. I was so scared to answer, so Dally stopped, "I know when I am not wanted."

With those words, he just walked away. The red-haired girl turned around once Dally was out of sight and kind of yelled at Pony. They had small talk for a while until she asked for Pony and I to sit up with them. We went up to sit with them, but I forgot Kayla was there and left her on accident. I felt a presence behind me, but ignored it. Someone grabbed my shoulders and put me in a headlock while yelling 'YOU'VE HAD IT NOW GREASE.' It scared the living crap out of me, and whoever it was sounded like a soc. I heard their laugh and it was Two-bit. I didn't think it was that funny.

"Did you guys just leave Kayla back here all by herself?" He asked us. I started to feel bad.

"Umm.... I guess. Sorry Kayla," Pony said. I stood up and walked back to her.

"Where's Dally anyways?" Two asked.

"Yeah, where is old Dal' anyway?" Tim came up and asked. Kayla looked confused at who it was. After no one answered him right, he looked at Kayla. He sat down on the other side of her and tried to flirt with her. When I grabbed her hand to show him she's mine, she didn't look at me, but I could tell she smiled. Tim stopped trying to flirt with her and just walked away. We finished the movie and took the girls on a walk. We walked until a blue mustang pulled up..........