chapter 2

Johnny's POV

It was about 7 in the morning, and Ponyboy and I were sitting at the kitchen table playing cards. Sodapop was making breakfast for the gang, and two-bit and Steve were sitting in the living room. We all thought Darry was at work until he walked into the kitchen with a girl close behind him holding onto his arm. She was too young to be his girlfriend and looked a lot like him. She looked about my age and she was cute. I watched as Pony's eyes widened, and he stood up. Sodapop finished what he was doing and walked over to this girl as well. Pony and Soda both gave her a hug while I sat there confused out of my mind. She looked at me then looked up at Darry.

"Hey Johnny Cade, this is Kayla. Kayla, this is Johnny."

She waved at me, but all I could do was stare and slightly wave back. Man, she was cute. She had straight blonde hair that was pulled up in a ponytail in the back. She also had bright blue eyes that shimmered like diamonds. She looked perfect. She whispered something to Darry and walked out of the room. Darry went into his room, Soda continued cooking, and I went up beside Pony. I got close to his ear to talk to him.

"Who is she?"

"Kayla? She's my sister."

"Your sister?"

"Yeah. You didn't know I had a sister?"

"No. I didn't even know there was another room here. I thought there was only yours and Soda's room and Darry's."

"Kayla's 15. She didn't come out of her room for a while after mom and dad died. She was too upset to see people. Now she must have thought differently and wants to see people."

"That's sad. How'd she eat?"

"She kept some snacks in her room. She also woke up super early and late to eat breakfast and dinner. It was actually kind of sad how she did it."

I nodded and stood in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room. Two-bit and Steve walked up to me and started shooting me questions about Kayla, but I really didn't know that much about her.

"Who is she? What's her name? Is she dating Darry? How old is she? Is she nice? Does she have a boyfriend? What grade is she in? Does she go to school?"

"Guys I don't know. All I know is that she is Pony's older sister, she is 15, and her name is Kayla."

I started whispering to both of them.

"And between you guys and me, she's nice looking too."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hey guys, it's Nico from Nicole's other story Mickey?, and I will be writing all of Johnny's parts in this story since I come from a guy's perspective. The feelings of Johnny and descriptions of Kayla came from Nicole's actual appearance. Hope you guys like our story.