Chapter 9

The same soc car from earlier pulled up, and I didn't know what to do. 

"Pony, do you wanna get outta here?" I asked. I was shaking, and I could feel that Johnny's hand was too. We just looked at each other with the same fear as earlier. 

"No, let's see what they want. Just stay calm," He replied. He barely even looked scared, but I could tell he was because he started smoking a cigarette. He only smokes when he is nervous or scared. We climbed atop of some bars as the soc car pulled into the lot. They all pretty much fell out of the car. They were obviously drunk. 

"Aren't these the greasers who tried to pick up on our women," the blonde soc says. Pony jumped off the bars with Johnny, but I stayed sitting up there for a second or two. 

"You're outta your territory. You guys better watch it," Johnny said, trying to sound mean and not scared to death. 

"No pal, you better watch it," The dark haired one said. I stepped down from the bars and stood beside and sort of behind Johnny. I felt like we were gonna have to run. He tried to push me farther behind him, but I wouldn't budge. 

"You know what a greaser is, white trash with long, greasy hair," The blonde one said. His buddies laughed behind him. When Pony started to speak, I knew for sure we had to run. 

"You know what a soc is." 

"What?" The brown haired one answered. 

"White trash with mustangs and madras." 

Pony spit at them, and we all took off.  I was grabbed by two socs and held. They were forcing me to watch as my brother gets drowned and Johnny gets beat up. I tried to get out and failed which made one of them smack me upside my head. It hurt like hell, but it didn't hurt as much as seeing Johnny get kicked right in the stomach. I saw him grab the switchblade out of his back pocket, and I started screaming. 

"JOHNNY, NO! JOHNNY!" I yelled at him. He either didn't hear me or didn't listen because he continued. He snuck up behind the blonde soc and stabbed him right through his back and out his stomach. I felt like I was going to throw up. I was crying uncontrollably because if Johnny went to jail, he would turn out like Dallas Winston. I didn't want that to happen. The socs dropped me and ran. I stood up and ran all the way to Johnny and Pony. Pony was passed out on the ground, and Johnny was shaking with a bloody knife in his hand. 

"Johnny what did you do?" 

"I killed him. I killed that boy. I-I didn't know what else to do, and they were drowning Pony. What was I supposed to do?" 

"Nothing I guess. We need to wake up Pony and get away. We can't stay here, or we'll all go to jail." 

Just as I said that, Pony woke up and asked Johnny the same question I did. He ended up needing to walk away and throw up all the water in his system. Johnny cleaned off his blade, and we headed to Buck's. I was excited to see Dally, but I wasn't proud to tell him this.......