After a long hot shower, I put on one of John’s shirts and some shorts. I walked into the living room, headed to the kitchen. George was nowhere to be found. I put a record on and decided to make some tea for John for when he came home. I set the kettle on the stove and made myself a salad.

As I sat at the small table alone, I heard the sound of running water in the upstairs bathroom. George.

The kettle began to whistle minutes later as John walked into the door. Right on time. He smiled when he saw me, a tired look in his eyes.

“You look beat.” I said shoving a mouthful of greens into my mouth. He just gave a long sigh and nodded. I pointed to the kettle and he nodded again, sitting across from me at the table. I got up and made his tea, setting it infront of him.

“Thanks love.”

I hummed and finished eating. We sat in silence, just listening to Buddy Holly and minding our own business.

“So quiet today.” John smiled at me. I giggled.

“Not much to report I suppose. What happened at the studio?”

“Brian just wanted me and Paul to go over a few questions about the interview tomorrow. He doesn’t want us sayin too much about the new record or anything we’ve been working on lately. We goofed a few times but, that was just to ruffle Brian’s feathers.” John smirked. I laughed and made myself some tea as well, sitting closer to him.

John grabbed my chair and dragged my right next to him, then wrapped an arm around my waist.

“How is he?” He asked quietly. In case George could here.

“He’s in the shower babe. He wont hear us. And he’s alright. Not very talkative.”

“Yeah I’ll bet. He doesn’t seem to good lately. It’s like his mind is somewhere else ye know? I dunno, he just needs to be reminded why we got into all of this in the first place. Maybe we need a little time off.”

“Wouldn’t Brian be mad?”

“Nah. He mentioned something about us takin a vacation. I think he’s noticed the stress and the tension between Pattie and George.”

I nodded. We both jumped when we heard a voice behind us.

“It’s that noticeable yeah?”

John sighed and looked at him. “George I didn’t mean…”

“No no It’s fine. It doesn’t surprise me to be honest.” George walked over and sat across from me and John. I sighed.

“Would you like some tea?”

He nodded. “Thanks.”

As I made George’s tea, him and John talked about what happened today, maybe taking a vacation and about what Brian said earlier when he went off with Paul.

“So um, were we still planning on dinner or..” John began. I looked down at myself. “I completely forgot.”

“Ye were goin out? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to intrude…”

“No no George it’s alright love. It’s pretty late anyways.” John stood up and walked over to me, kissing my cheek. “I’m goin to shower now.”

I nodded and watched as he walked off. George looked up at me as I leaned against the counter.

“Well, that’s odd.” He spoke.

“What is?” I gave him a confused look.

“You and John. Out there you two are so wild and talkative. Here, you both are calm and well…normal.”

I laughed and shook my head. “Why? Cause we don’t have our tongues down each other’s throats? No George. Were still a normal married couple. We both had busy days. Not much to say, not much to do. Until later tonight that is.” I smirked. He laughed and shook his head.

“I just…I thought maybe you two live like this huge passionate lifestyle, having sex everywhere and walkin around the place naked.”

I sat next to him and shrugged. “Only when were high Georgie.”

He smiled. I bit my lip and watched him as he slowly sipped his tea.

“George?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry about you and Pattie.”

He looked over at me and shrugged. “Are ye?”

I blinked. “You know Goerge, even though I may not have liked her or, even though we didn’t get along…I was just grateful you found someone you were happy with.”

“Thanks Luce. But I guess it wasn’t enough yeah?”

I just gave him a sympathetic smile and stood up. “Julian is coming over tomorrow. If you’re planning on staying the rest of the weekend, you better hide your guitar. Put it in the room with all of John’s things.”

“Thanks for the heads up.”

I nodded. John came in minutes later, a childish grin on his face. He had some pot.

“There ye are. You squares still avin a chat?”

He wrapped his arms around my waist and tickled my side, making me giggle. ”We were just finished babe.”

“Good. Gonna borrow her now George. Sleep tight yeah?” John said picking me up and flinging me over his shoulder. I squeaked and patted his bum.

“Let me down John or I’m going to vomit!”

“Hold it in!” He laughed. I smiled.

“See ya later Georgie!” I shouted as John led us upstairs to the bedroom.

..

I woke up the next morning sore and sleepless. John had me up all night. Not that I’m complaining. But still. I was late for work and I had about four messages from Michelle asking if I was alright. John left a note just reminding me he’ll pick me and Julian up after work later and that he loved me.

It was about eleven in the morning as I picked up Julian from nursery school and drove off to work. All the other girls in the station I worked in adored little Julian. Little trader he was. Having a new girlfriend every week.

“What’s the little guy doin here on a Thursday? I thought he was only with you and John on the weekends?” Michelle asked during break.

“Cyn got a new Job. She started today and well, she needed someone to babysit. I don’t want to admit this but, I think she’s really starting to accept me and John together.”

"That's a good thing right?" She asked between bites from her sandwhich. I just nodded and smiled as Julian ran over to me.

"Mumy can I have another??" He asked, a mouth covered in chocolate. I leaned down and wiped his lips.

"Okay but this is the last one today alright?"

"Okie." He smiled. I handed him the last marshmallow pie and watched him scurry off.

"He really is adorable." Michelle smiled.

"I know. Do you and Paul ever..."

"No. I mean I did mention something the other night and well, he just changed the subject." She sighed.

"He'll come around." I gave her a warm smile. She just nodded.

"Come on. Let's go back to work."

..