Chapter 1

July 26 2019, 6 PM

Allison, like every friday comes out of work at 6 pm and then goes home. She sits on her couch, turns on the television but does not pay attention to it.
As usual, she surf on social medias such as Instagram ,Snapchat and Twitter which is from her point of view , the best one.
She looks at the TT and sees as number one "#NumeroNeighbor " .
She is intrigued and decide to click on the hashtag.
After reading a few tweets, she understands that this new challenge consists in sending a message to her superior and/or inferior neighbour by changing the last number.
She keeps reading a few , some of them were funny because people played well the game , others were cute when they ran into older people who gave them advice for the future. However, there were also some disappointments by those who had not received answers or that their number neighbor reacted very badly. Alisson was thinking about the pros and cons of meeting this challenge. She wanted to meet new people, she is a very sociable person, always looking for new experiences but she feared that she would probably be part of the group of unlucky people who had no answers or bad reactions.After all, "who tries nothing, has nothing" , she thought.
It was on this step that Allison left Twitter to go into her messages and change the last number of her number phone by the one above and below her. She sent them a message and then left her cell phone to prepare her dinner. After she had finished eating her dinner, she went back on her couch and channel surf a few channels on TV , not finding her happiness she decided instead to go on Netflix and continue to watch her serie of the moment , not paying attention to her phone anymore.

3 hours and 4 episodes later, the living room lit up more and Allison felt a little vibration. She probably has just gotten a message. After a few seconds of searching her phone , she finally found it and noticed that one of her number neighbors had answered her!
She felt the adrenaline rising inside her, she was excited that at least one person had answered her. She had a tiny part of herself that was anxious.

"What if he or she took it badly? What if I sent a message to a psycopath? Am I talking with a pervert or a pedophile?"

She started to freak out, she could not wait any longer to find out what her number neighbour had told her.

Messages:

From: 020 2348 1545
To: 020 2348 1544

Hi , you are my neighbor numero!What's up?

Unknown: Who tf are you? I dont care, leave me alone!

Her adrenaline went down quite fast .. now she felt disappointed? Offended ?Angry ?She knew there was a 50-50 chance she'd run into a bad person but she didn't think it would happen. She was disappointed because she will not be able to live the experience in a pleasant way like other people on Twitter. She was offended but she did not know why. Was it because that person did not even try to understand? Or get to know her. She was mad , mad at herself because she thought she could have lived a beautiful and a new experience.
" How could I have been so stupid and naive to believe that what happened in the fanfictions that I read, might also happen to me thanks to this challenge?" .. she thought.
Of course, she was also angry at her downstairs number neighbor who was just an asshole to her now. She did not even bother to answer him, "Why should I waste my time answering such an asshole?" she thought. She deleted the conversation and started a new episode of her favorite serie.

July 27 2019, 1 AM

Allison had just finished the new season of her favorite show. It was 1.00 in the morning but she was not tired.
The adventures, the dramas, the scenes of love, betrayals, suspense etc had held her breath as well as her attention . All these twists and turns had kept her awake at this hour. It was Friday night and at the moment she had no plans for tomorrow and Sunday.She decided to have a chill weekend after the stressful week she had at work.
She turned off the TV ,took her phone and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Then she went to her room to change into pyjamas before joining her bed and her silky sheets. She took her mobile phone which she had placed on her nightstand, to answer the messages of her friends and some of her family.
Mary, her best friend offered her a shopping afternoon next Wednesday that she gladly accepted.It's been a long time since Allison and Mary met and she was looking forward to spending time with her best friend again.
She also replied to her colleague Niall who asked her if she had studied the file by Monday, and she gave him a positive answer.This little Irishman was her colleague but also one of her closest friends. Niall is the type of person who manages to make smile or in the best case make laugh a person who does not feel well. This is what she likes the most about him, his kindness, his humour and his way of always relativizing, even in situations where there is no hope.Niall is like a light that guides you out of the dark tunnel.
Finally, she replied to her parents who asked her about her week at work etc.
She did not see them as much as she used to. London-Manchester was not a short drive but she always goes up there for the big occasions and for Christmas.
She had answered to all of her messages and she remembered that her number neighbour above had still not answered her...
She hoped that she would receive an answer tomorrow from him, a kind message if possible .She also thought about that she might never receive an answer or that he or she would be as unpleasant as her number neighbour below.
On these thoughts, she fell gently into the arms of Morpheus, waiting to see what tomorrow would hold.

Ohh if she only knew...

_________________________________________

Hi! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, dont hesitate to vote and comment your opinion through the story 🙏🎀 I love you all and have a good day/night my lovelies readers💜