Chapter 26

September 29th 2019, 2.30 PM

It was D-Day, the deadline, the deadline for the challenge. Today, Allison had to submit an answer to her number neighbour Harry. With the help of her best friend Mary, Allison was pretty sure that it was Harry Styles, the world-famous British singer known for his career as a member of the One Direction band but equally well-known in his solo career. He was one of the most En Vogue artists of the moment, he had broken records and was at the top of the charts with only one album containing 10 songs.
Allison still could not believe it and she really needed Harry to confirm that it was the truth. She was currently on her way to Manchester to celebrate her aunt’s 40th birthday, while Mary will attend the Harry Styles' private show in London tonight. She remembered when the singer had given her the exact address where his show would take place tonight, Allison did not understand anything, so she showed Mary the message, hoping she could help her. And that did not fail, after a few minutes of reflection, the young woman, big fan of the singer started jumping on Allison's couch and said :

"But wait!! This may be the address of tomorrow’s show!!! It would match! If you think carefully it is the same date and it is in London! ".

Despite the conviction and enthusiasm of her best friend, who was euphoric to know in advance the address of the show she would go to in a few hours, Allison was still puzzled and it was not enough to confirm that he was really Harry Styles. It is true, he is not the only artist in London, many other singers etc will perform today in this city and in this music venue. It could be Harry as an unknown artist as well. Because yeah, they had done their research and the concert hall in question had a small capacity. Yesterday, she had received another message from her beloved stranger saying that for tomorrow, it will not be him who will give her a clue but it will be her who will have to ask him only one question, of her choice if ever she was not sure of his identity. In this case, he will have to answer Allison’s question before she gives her assumption. In case she was already sure about the identity of her number neighbor, Allison will not ask one last question and say her answer directly. Currently, Allison was not sure, so she intended to use her bonus question. However, she had no idea which one she should choose, she had so many that it was hard to choose
"the right one" which would be the most relevant and which would allow her to have no doubt about her choice. Fortunately, she still had a few hours left before Harry contacted her again...

For his part, Harry was in full rehearsal with his band, there were only a few hours left before the venue opened its doors and the fans came in. They were ready to realize their dream of seeing him for the first time for some or seeing him again for others. Although he had to remain focused during the rehearsals, Harry’s mind was elsewhere. He could not help but think about Allison and when it will be "break time" so he could send her a message, the message she will answer to. The text that he's gonna receive from her is the one that makes him anxious but excited at the same time. Anxious because he is afraid of her answer or the question she can ask him but also excited to know this answer.
Yes, it’s a little contradictory but sometimes Harry could think strangely. Tonight, Harry invited his family and close friends to his private show.
He did, or at least always tried to reserve a place for them when he toured in London or in a city where they were present at the same time as him. Even though it was most of the time London, it had happened to invite them to New York City, Los Angeles, Paris etc. Harry was happy to know that they would be here tonight, but as always, when one of his relatives was there, he was twice as nervous and that since the beginning of his career. It was benign stress that was breaking out as soon as he stepped on stage, listening to the hysterical screams of his fans but especially when he sees them so happy to be there and to see him.
Some screamed, others cried, or smiled or jumped, sometimes all at the same time. Harry felt very lucky to have made one of his passions his job. Obviously, there were some drawbacks that made his dream a little less beautiful and more difficult to live with, but he had learned to live with it and it was only a small part compared to all the love and support he received from his fans, friends, family and some tabloids. Like every artists, he feared that one day, everything "stops" , he hoped to be able to do what he loved as long as possible, maybe even let go of his last breath on stage or after a concert. Although music had a big place in his life, Harry was also thinking of building his own little family, get married, have kids, maybe become a grandfather or a great-grandfather, who knows. All he knew was that he would cherish them with all his heart. But anyway, he still had the time and he was nowhere near that.. at the moment, he was still in full rehearsal.
About thirty minutes later, the long-awaited break arrived. Harry rushed to drink, his throat was getting dry from singing. Then he grabbed his phone, so he could send Allison a message.

" Hey, it's D-Day, do you want to use your bonus? If not, you can text me who do you think I am :) .H "

Now, the young man had only to wait for an answer from his "darling "...

Four hours later, Allison arrived in her hometown,Manchester. It was strange for her to come back here but in a cool way. She was happy to be here, again with her family and childhood friends. Of course, she always had a little thought for Harry. If it was really Harry Styles, then it would mean that he would have a concert tonight, that she could have attended with her best friend Mary, but she chose the family. She was nevertheless happy for Mary who would realize once again one of her dreams which is to see her idol. Allison was smiling at the thought that right now, she was probably still in line, waiting for the doors to open, what is in itself "normal " but Mary had camped out that night to have more chances of being "front row". It had amused Allison when she had announced this to her and it still amuses her. Allison did not see the need to camp, especially since she would probably be all alone at night since she was the only one who knew the address of the venue before everyone else thanks to Allison.That’s why she thought that it was a bit stupid to camp there or just camp for a show. She had never camped, but she still respected her best friend’s opinion. It had been a few minutes since she arrived in front of her parents' house which had welcomed her warmly then, gave her time to settle down and rest from the journey before going to tonight’s party. She was putting on a hanger her pink dress for tonight when her phone vibrated on the nightstand.
She hung the hanger before picking up her phone and seeing that she had received a message from her number neighbor.

Messages:

Harry❣: Hey, it's D-Day, do you want to use your bonus? If not, you can text me who do you think I am :) .H

What should she do? Did she need this bonus question? And then what question should she choose?Or should she just say her answer and see if she was right or not?

Allison always had so many questions and did not know which option was the best, but after all she had nothing to lose in both cases. Either,she asked the question, and it will help her or maybe it won’t. But also, she could just as well say directly who he really is, Harry really meant to meet her no matter what the answer was, but Allison did not know this. Then, she chooses to ask her bonus question in order to make the game last, but above all be able to be sure about her choice.

Messages:

Harry❣: Hey, it's D-Day, do you want to use your bonus? If not, you can text me who do you think I am :) .H

Hii, yes I want to use my bonus and my question is : Are you the singer who's gonna perform tonight at the adress you sent me?

Harry❣: Yes.. so ? .H

Are you Harry Styles?

Harry❣: Yes I am. Congratulations! .H

Harry❣: You won ;) but are we okay?
Do you still want to see me? .H

Thank you, I've told ya that I will win this challenge 😌 and yes we are Harry,
I still want to meet ya and talk to you :)

And good luck for your show tonight :)

Harry❣: You're welcome and yes haha I always believed in you, darling :) Thank you, enjoy the party tonight and I hope you will attend my next concert tho ;) .H

Harry❣: I have to go, sorry talk to you later Allison xx .H

You're welcome and sure Harry :)
See ya xx

She was really hoping to come see you next time Harry, more than you can imagine ..

_________________________________________

Hello there! First, happy new year to everyone!🎉🥰 Lets start this new decade together and always treat people  with kindness!💌

I hope that you liked this chapter, if so,feel free to vote and comment! And if not, tell me why as well. 🌈

Have a nice day and see ya in the next chapter!👀

Emilie xx