Sixty-Two

"Break his heart."

So I managed to avoid any confrontation the rest of the day. I literally laid in the confines of Harry's small bed, my mind sprialing five million different directions.

When I wasn't looking at all his childhood things that made me fall in love with him even more, or enhaling the  sheets that lingered with his scent, I spent the day with my head against the pillow praying that there was no contract and Alexa was lying.

And when Harry came to check on me, every time I was sleeping.

It was a struggle to keep my breathing even and steady when he tiptoed in the room, careful not to wake me. When he set on the corner of bed, even though my eyes were shut tight, I knew there was concern in his. I could vividly imagine the pout displayed across his lips and his eyebrows furrowed. And that was bad too. Because I didn't want him to feel pain. Because I love him.

And when he crawled in bed next to me, sighging deeply and drawing me back into his chest, it took everything in me not to cry right then and there. But I didn't. I waited till his breathing evened out and made sure he had fallen asleep before quietly distancing the pair of us and slipping out of bed. When he stirred a little I froze in my spot. I waited till he didn't make a sound again and then fleed the tiny room.

I was hungry. I hadn't eaten since lunch and it was now deep into the night. Plus my laptop was downstairs. The laptop that held my emails and the laptop that held the contract. If there really was one.

When no one was in the kitchen, after I tripled checked, I grabbed an apple from the counter and my laptop which sat next to it and placed it on the table two feet away from me.

My fingers seemed to shake as I typed in my passwords and as hungry as I was minutes ago, it was lost as my email came up bright on the screen.

I scrolled for a little until I found it.

There it was. Well part of it.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself without even thinking. So Alexa was right. She wasn't lying. Tears sprang to my eyes as I felt the happiness inside me literally drain away. Screw the time difference. I dialed Alexa's number.

"Ela?" Her words filled the receiver with concern.

"I got it, well the part the boys signed about the contract."

She didn't say anything for a bit, just sighed.
"What the hell Alexa? What even is this? I- I feel so damn lost!"

"I know Ela. I know. No words right Now could describe how I feel. I just want you to come back home Ela. How are you holding up over there?"

I deleted the email without even thinking. I couldn't bear the sight of it anymore. "Terrible. Its so- I don't even know."