Thirty-five

"Let's calm down everyone!"

Ela's POV

"Come on girls! It is the day we all have been long awaiting!" Melinda briskly, chanted around the kitchen like a child on Christmas Day. "Hurry up will you? Remember ladies were on a schedule! I will be waiting in the car!"

With the snap of her fingers and the spud of her heeled wedges descending, she swayed out the door down to our ride waiting to take us to the studio.

Today was the day we were going to finally record our song for the entire world to hear. After a month of practicing we were finally ready to record. Not only was I anxious, but I was also terrified. This song brought so many emotions up to surface. I told Kendall I didn't want to record for a reason. I meant that too. Things are only different with Harry because the whole band is in on it as well.

Part of me actually felt bad. I couldn't pinpoint it exactly but I had this guilty feeling about the song. However at the same time, my anger for Kendall turned that guilt into angst, and it made me really want to do the song just to get back at him.

Taking a look around at the other girls, who seemed excited but nervous too, put me at ease a bit. This song was bound to be a good one. At least I hope so. There is always this thrilling feeling when going into the studio. But today it really got to me. Recording with our boyfriends is something completely different to us. Not to mention that we usually sing our own songs that we wrote ourselves.

This is one of the few pre-written songs we've recorded.

"Geez. I am either extremely nervous, or I ate something nasty because I feel like I am going to vomit." Erin spewed fake coughing.

"Believe me. I am sure we all feel the same way." I told her with a pat on the back trying to provide her some type of reassurance, even though I was the one who needed the most.

Honestly, vomiting was an understatement for what I felt.

"I am just going to grab my purse I will be right out." I told the rest of the girls as they meandered towards the door.

I really just needed a little moment to breathe for a second. The practicing process has gone wonderfully, but I am just worried that all this hard work wasn't enough and this singing will end on an off note once we record. These past few weeks have been insanely busy for us and the boys. We have worked our asses off on perfecting the song.

"Hey Ela. Can I borrow that one lip gloss? I think it's called like 'Pucker em up Pink'?" Alexa interrupted my thoughts from behind me.

"Oh yeah. It's my purse." I grabbed the fresh tube out of my purse and handed it to Alexa, who looked just as tense as I probably do.

"Thanks."

Once she handed me back the gloss, I had to ask her a few questions before we went out there.

"Alexa? Are you ready for today?" I quietly asked.

"HAH! No way. I am beyond unprepared." she huffed and plopped down next to me on my bed.

"Why do we feel this way? I don't remember us ever feeling this way for past recordings. This feeling is new for me. I don't like it." I gushed.

"I think it is the fact that we don't really record a lot with others. Well, except that one time with Lady Gaga.." She pause and we both shuddered. But now the boys are there not only singing too but watching and listening to us. And we have to make sure the relationship side of things are good too.Fortunately, we haven't had issues. Well, besides the time Erin and Louis got in a fight over where we should go for lunch, but other than that, we are good." She smiled up at me.