Sixteen

"What do you want?"

Ela's pov

I took a seat on our plush couch.

"I'm so excited! First time watching my boyfriend on television!" Erin gaped up at the television as we prepared to watch an interview with One Direction.

Although she was excited, I on the other hand was watching this filled with anxiety. It's been four days since I last talked to Harry. And although four days isn't that much, I know things aren't right between us now. We went from talking almost every hour to no communication at all.

"You okay? You look a bit down."

I looked to my left to see a concerned Alexa. She was always looking after us. She had motherly instincts that always kicked in whenever she knew one of us was upset.

"I'm all good. Thanks." I faked the best smile I could muster over to her.

She smiled back, knowing my smile was fake, but let the subject drop anyways.

The interview started and basic questions were asked. I tried to act as uninterested as possible but I found my self hanging onto every word Harry spoke.

He was so handsome.

His deep, raspy voice replayed over and over again in my mind.

His effortless smile tugged at the corner of his lips, making me wish I could see it in real life.

"So boys..I know you've been seen with Baseline lately. Those beautiful girls are lucky to have captured all of your attention. Do tell please.. Are any of you dating?" The interview host pressed the question the whole world seemed to be dying to know.

"Well I'm single."

He said it so carelessly. The first to say it. As if it could make a difference if we were together or not. My heart plummeted.

"Harry! I'm surprised! With all the pictures of you and Ela out together, you're not dating?"

He merely shrugged in response, looking uninterested and bored. His lack of emotion of the subject made me feel sick. So he doesn't care. That's why he hasn't contacted me in days. He really doesn't care.

I hadn't even realized I was crying.

"Ela? Hey it's ok." Alexa spoke soothingly as she pulled me into her side.

"But, I thought you were dating?" Lauren spoke confused.

I pushed Alexa off me softly and rose from my position on the couch.

"You heard Harry." I snapped over at her.

"Yeah I did, but I just don't understand.." She trailed off.

"What's not to understand Lauren? Whatever. It doesn't matter anyway." I sat back down from my previous position of the couch.

"You can never trust these interviews anyways." Erin said shutting over the television.

We sat in comfortable silence for awhile, trying to process it all.

"Girls!! Girls! It's time to get ready!" Melinda busted through the door with racks and racks of clothing behind her. Closely behind her followed a handful of makeup and hair artists.

"Ready for what Melinda?" Maura said standing and gaping at the sudden intrusion.

"The Children's benefit dinner!" Melinda looked at us like we were foolish for not knowing that the dinner was tonight.