Fifteen

"Next time think."

Alexa's pov

I hummed content with myself after my amazing date with Niall. My life was going so perfectly right now. The band was doing amazing, I had an awesome boy in my life, and my best friends were having the time of their lives right there with me.

Or so I thought.

As I made my way down the dimly light hallway to my room, I paused as I heard quiet sobbing.

Ela.

I scurried over to her room, pausing for a second to confirm it was her crying. After coming to the conclusion that it was her who was indeed upset, I knocked lightly. Not waiting for a response I pushed the door open and shut it softly behind me.

She was curled up on her bed, blankets surrounding her as tears poured down her face. Her laptop was clutched within her grasped tightly.

"Ela.. Why on earth are you looking at what nasty people are saying about you?" I sighed, thinking she was reading hate mail.

She shook her head violently, crying out again. Turning her laptop to face me I saw the reason behind her tears.

"They hate me! They think I'm a whore! Kendall was right!" She screeched slamming the laptop closed and carelessly tossing it aside.

"Oh Ela." I sighed deeply. Knowing how much hate hurt, I attempted to console her the best I could.

"You know they are just jealous. People are just in a tiff because you have Harry now, one of the guys who everyone wants. Give it some time and people will get used to it and even ship you!" I attempted a joke, trying to stifle a laugh out of her.

"No! They will not!! They think I'm scum! Trash! Worse than that!"

I sighed again.

"Ela.. Are you really going to let a few nasty comments make you this upset?" I asked in a mother like tone.

"It's trending on twitter! Trending!" She yelled louder.

"We're always trending on twitter! This is nothing new! Look, yesterday with Harry, I hadn't seen you that happy in a long, long time. Not even that one time we won like 15 awards in one night. Don't get too upset over something as stupid as this. That trend will be gone by tomorrow."

I watched as she took my words in. It felt nice to know she was actually listening to me.

After a few more minutes of her processing, her tears finally subsided and she calmed down.

"Are you okay now?"

She smiled a small smile and nodded.

"Yeah..thanks Alexa."

"Of course." I gave her a quick hug before lifting myself off the plush bed. As I made my way back over to the door, I paused as I noticed an object I must've missed when I came in the room.

"Ela. What is that?" I snapped to her.

She struggled to come up with a response, gripping her blanket before replying.

"I wasn't thinking..I was upset. I just grabbed it..I wasn't..going to use it." she rushed our her words quickly like a guilty child trying to avoid punishment.

"Why would you even think about grabbing it when you just got out of your old habits? Ela, you do remember where we were a couple months ago?" I asked harshly, referring to the time prior when Ela was a mess. Almost to the point where we couldn't save her.

"I wasn't thinking Alexa. I wasn't going to."

I grabbed the antidepressants off her dresser, shoving them in my pocket.

"Next time think. That way there won't be a chance of it happening at all."

***

Ela's pov

I awoke feeling heavy hearted. The comments still stung a little, but I decided to bottle them up the best I could.

It's best if I bottle the emotions up. Less messy.

I stumbled out to the kitchen, ready to wake up to some coffee before starting the day with whatever Melinda had planned for us.

"Skim milk latte with a flavor shot of sugar free vanilla?" I got goosebumps as I heard his deep husky voice ask from across the kitchen.

I smiled, meeting his eyes as he held a cup of coffee in his right hand. His eyes beckoning me to come over.

Making my way over to him, I flushed as I realized I was still in my pajamas.

"Thank you." I said softly grabbing the coffee from his hand.

"Not so fast." he smirked grabbing it back. "Don't I get a reward for my deed?"

He turned his cheek, still holding his smirk.

I complied to his wishes leaning into peck his cheek. Of course right at that minute, he turned so our lips collided. The kiss was short and sweet.

"A good way to wake up right?" He questioned lightly tugging at the hem of the bottom of my shirt.

"A great way." I whispered back.

"How'd you get in?" I questioned softly.

"Erin was going for a run..she let me in." he beamed up at me.

I nodded, knowing how Erin periodically went on early morning jogs. Good for her. But I could never that early in the morning.

"So Ela.. As I was out and about this morning, I came across some magazines and such.." He continued fiddling with my shirt as he spoke, a hint of anxiety etched across his tone.

I waited for him to continue.

"They're all talking about how we're dating..Well, they think we are and I just..just wanted to know I could label it as such. As in being a couple that is."

I froze at his words. With the comments I read yesterday fresh in my mind, confirming I was dating Harry would lead to a definite hatred of me.

I stepped back away from his hold. A gesture that didn't go unnoticed by Harry. His fingers slipped through the material of my shirt and his eyes snapped up to focus on my reaction.

"Oh." was all I could muster out

"Oh?" He pressed on further, crossing his arms against his chest. I watched as muscles contorted under skin. The simple action made my heart skip a beat, but I quickly lost the feeling as I realized he wanted more of an explanation.

"I just.. Let.. Let's just avoid labels you know? " I fiddled with my fingers as I waited for his reply.

"Avoid them." He stated, clearly displeased.

"Yeah.. Let's just, as you said, you know enjoy each other..it's easier on everyone yeah?" I asked, turning the cup in my hands, trying to distract myself.

"Easy..Sure..Of course." he spat. I watched as he uncrossed his hands from his chest.

"I gotta go." he stated, brushing past me.

My stomach dropped at his tone. The playful, cheeky boy who had brought me my favorite drink had disappeared in a matter of minutes.

"Oh.." I sighed. "Thanks for the drink."

"Don't mention it." He stated coldly before slamming the door.

I took a sip of the drink, but stopped.
It didn't taste good, or maybe it was the fact that Harry wasn't here to enjoy it with me. Either way, it sucked.