Twenty-Five

"You always throw me curveballs."

Ela's pov

"I just can't believe! Oh the nerve! This is so ridiculous!" Alexa gushed on and on. Right after the boys left, a strew of never ending complaints was all Alexa could say.

I waited so Alexa could decompress, but after awhile I knew it was time for me to step in.

"Alexa." I tried to intervene but she clearly wasn't done decompressing quite yet.

"I mean seriously! What the hell!" She screeched.

I winced as her words hit my eardrums.

"Ok let's not freak out.. We don't know the whole story and-"

She whipped around and looked me dead in the eye. Her gaze was terrifying.

"The whole story! The whole story? The story is that Niall and Harry went to Mick and beat him up! Two against one! That's the story!"

I held up my hands in defense. "Don't get mad at me...I'm just saying, there has to be more to the story. Plus knowing Mick he probably had it coming." I said soothingly.

Although her gaze held the same animosity, her fist seemed to relax from the grip she was prior holding. Taking that as a cue to go on, I stood up and walked closer to her.

"Alexa, I know you freak out about violence, your kind of like a pacifist, anyways what I'm trying to say is you should be flattered. Two boys care enough about you to fight over you! Niall obviously didn't want to upset you. It was a stupid mistake. People make mistakes all the time. I think you really need to realize that Niall never intended to hurt you in the process."

I sighed in relief as I saw my words actually impacting her. With a deep sigh, the scowl on her face slowly faded away.

"I'm still mad." she said after several moments of silence.

"I know. But, in some time, you won't be. Don't do anything you'd regret." I patted her shoulder reassuringly.

"Well what about you?" She questioned slumping down on a breakfast bar stool.

"What about me?" I questioned confused.

"Aren't you mad at harry?"

I shrugged. Was I mad at harry? No.

"Nope. I don't like Mick. He probably had it coming to him. Plus, I don't know I think it's kinda hot that Harry beat him up."

She raised an eyebrow at me, trying to hold back laughter, but failed.

"You are so odd." She shook her head towards me.

I smiled over at her in return.
"I am sorry for not telling you sooner about Harry and I going to the MTV awards together."

"It's alright. I understand." She genuinely spoke to me. "Now tell me about this red dress."

***

After Alexa and I had talked it out, we departed ways so she could think some more.

I felt proud that I got through to her and made her listen to me.

As I grabbed a glass of water my thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

As I swung the door open I didn't even get a chance to see the figure who knocked as they barged in.

"Listen Ela. You have to let me explain. The plan was to just go and talk to Mick. Rough him up a bit, but then he started mouthing off to me! Saying how he was going to kiss you first and should've and will! What the hell was I supposed to do? Just listen to him? So I punched him! And then he swung at me and Niall stepped in to defend me and-"

I cut him off, ending his frustrated rant.

"Harry! It's ok!" I shouted gaining his attention by grabbing his arm.

His gaze locked with mine as I sent him a smile of reassurance.

"What?" He bluntly spoke

"I said it's ok.. I'm not mad! I understand. Trust me I had to deal with Mick back in high school. I know how much of a douche he can be."

Harry looked at me amazed that I wasn't mad. "Oh..okay then!" He grinned like a child on Christmas.

"Wow I thought this was going to be a lot harder." He breathed out in relief.

I shook my head at him giggling.
"Where's Niall?" I asked peering around him at the door.

"He thought it best to let Alexa cool off a bit." Harry said reaching around to rest his hand on the small of my back.
I stepped closer into his embrace inhaling his scent.

"I talked to her. Got her to chill out a bit."

He looked down at me smiling.

"Miss Ela," his grin widened with every word. "you always throw me curveballs."

"Well good thing you know how to catch them."