Eighteen

"You guys get to kiss in this one!"

Ela's POV

I have never had a better night then last night. The fact that Harry and I went from hating each other to being a couple in the matter of an hour was crazy. That seemed to be our pattern.

However, I wouldn't have asked for it any other way.

It was a typical morning in the Baseline house. We ran around frantically, getting ready for the day. Erin did some workouts. Lauren cracked some jokes. Maura spent forever in the shower. Alexa stayed in her room, and I.. Well, I was the normal one.

I can't stop looking at the bracelet Harry got me. This cute little charm bracelet made me smile in a heartbeat. It was beyond perfection.

Harry and I spent the rest of the night wrapped around each other. It seemed every moment he could sneak in a secretive kiss he would. Every picture I took he smiled at me and told me how pretty I looked in each. I felt brand new in an off sense. I felt, complete.

Kendall never once kissed me secretly. He always told me I look bad in fan pictures. Not to mention the fact, that every time we touched it was for the fucking paparazzi.

I was rubbing my fingers over the small heart on the bracelet for the billionth time when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in."

In strolls, Alexa.

"Hey girl. Mick is here! He wants to talk to you and me?" She seemed as confused as I was.

Why in the world did he want to see us?

As I followed Alexa to the living room, I began to think of all the possibilities of Mick being here.

Did someone die back home? Is he going to publicly proclaim his love for Alexa? Are the tabloids saying something about us?

"Well, hello ladies!" Mick's cheerful greeting made me realize I was just being silly.

"Hey, Mick! What's up? Why are you here?" Alexa asked.

"Well, I came to ask a favor to my very dear friends who happen to have positions of power and lots of connections." He mused clapping his hands together.

I raised my eyebrows at him skeptically. Typical Mick. Always asking for something and never giving. "What do you want Mick?" I snapped crossing my arms over my chest.

Alexa's head snapped in my direction. Her gaze held a fierce intensity directed towards me.

"Be nice." she mouthed like a mother scolding her child. I merely rolled my eyes in reply.

"Okay, getting straight to the point, so I came to California not only for a vacation, but for modeling as well."

I guess I could see Mick as a model. He has had the perfect cheek bones and body of an Abercrombie model since I can remember.

"Well, I haven't been able to find anything. Everyone wants people with experience. Although I don't know why they keep turning me down with these looks!"

This time I couldn't hold the scoff that came out. Although I would admit he was attractive, his arrogance completely took over that. I was nice to Mick when I thought he would only be with us to visit for a couple hours. But now, he wants more from us. It reminded me of all the countless annoying moments I had to endure with Mick in the past. My distain for him was growing by the minute.

"So what can we do for you then?" Alexa rushed trying to distract Mick from my ill behavior.

"I was wondering if I could be your bodyguard? I need a job! My parents gave me a couple months to find a job here in California. If I can't find a job in that amount of time then they said I have to go back home and get a real job. I really don't want to go back. I'm in need of your help here."

Alexa and I stared at each other after Mick's ridiculous plea. I couldn't hold my laughter in any longer.

"Bodyguard?" Alexa was able to ask him through countless giggles.

"Yeah, what is wrong with that?!" Mick was clearly confused.

It is just the fact that we already have bodyguards, and Mick could never handle it. He may have been the star linebacker in high school, but it is completely different out here. Plus, Mick is truly attractive. We could easily find him a modeling job.

After explaining the whole situation, he seemed dejected he couldn't be our bodyguard, but he was more positive about us being able to find a job for him.

"How about this, Mick. We have a music video shoot coming up next week. We have been searching for a star boy forever. How about you take that role?" Alexa offers him this role, hoping it was enough for him.

Immediately, Mick springs up and kisses Alexa's face all over. Alexa's face filled with a deep red as Mick came over to me with a bear-hug.

"I couldn't thank you ladies enough!"

"Don't mention it. Try and look good for us." I tell him playfully, trying to restrain myself from saying anything else.

"Oh, don't even worry about that part."

---

The video shoot rolled around before we knew it and everyone was more than excited. This was going to be a big one. We were hoping we could win several more awards if this video went smoothly.

The atmosphere of the set was great. The director was so nice, and the set was at complete serenity. That is until we get started.

Melinda surprisingly agreed to Mick. As soon as she saw his shirtless portfolio, she knew he was the ideal boy we were looking for.

After getting a run-down of what us going on, Mick walks back over to us.

"Okay everyone! Hush!" The direct screeches through a bullhorn earning everyone's attention.

"Would Ela and Mick go sit on the couch? You guys get to kiss in this one! Make it believable!"

What? I have to kiss him?