Forty-five

"Why would you do that?"

Alexa's POV

I lost count of the hours spent on the plane. To be honest with Niall beside me, time flew. And the jet lag was already killing me, but it didn't matter. I would sit on this plane for days if it meant I got to be by him.

I turned over to the blonde boy sitting next to me, who was currently sleeping.

As he slept, I looked at his nearly perfect face. Each freckle and dimple made him look even more complete. His messy hair looked utterly effortless. His unsurpassed trait is still his smile. Even his sleep, he has the slightest smirk.

I lean my head on his shoulder for extra comfort on this gloomy plane ride back from Ireland. I never realized how much I crave to be back in Ireland and with all of Niall's family. Is this how he feels every time he has to go?

Each person he introduced to on that trip brought me closer to him. It was almost like he was handing me puzzle pieces, and as we make more memories, the puzzle becomes entire.

I cringed at the memory of me breaking a vase two seconds upon entering the Horans' household.

"Grmpf." I turn over to see Niall start to stop beside me.

His eyes are bloodshot from the abrupt arousal, and his smile grows bigger as he turns his head towards me.

"My darling Al, why didn't you wake me?" His sleepy voice is impeccable.

"Well, I thought I would let you sleep. I mean how much sleep do you actually get in your daily life?" I joked with him.

When you live in the spotlight 24/7, there is absolutely no time for sleep.

"I don't really pay attention to how tired I am. I just try to stay awake as long as I can." he says while stretching his tight muscles.

"Why would you do that!"

"Cause when I fall asleep, I miss out on you," he whispers inches away from my face.

"Niall that's insane. Sleep is so important."

He must still be half-asleep. No one has ever lost sleep because of me. I mean I never have met anyone like yet.

"No, it's not when I'm with you. I want every chance I can to see you and be with you." he hushes into my ear.

I know my cheeks are turning rosy from his unbelievable compliment. No matter how many praises we get from the fans, they aren't even comparable to what Niall says to me.

"Niall, I don't even know what to say.." I trail off.

"Don't say anything."

He pulled my chin to his face and he kissed me gently. I felt his warm breath fan across my cheek as his thumb trailed against the base of my chin.

"You should probably shut me up more often," we laughed.

"We will see."

------

After finally collecting all our baggage, Niall drove me from the airport to our house.

"Look at my little superstar. Gets done with one trip just in time for another big tour." Niall jokes as he helps me pack.

"I mean what can I say?" I smiled over at him. "But hey not a big tour just yet. We're dragging our feet on that one."

Since Melinda hasn't mentioned much about Japan, I pretty much throw my entire wardrobe into my suitcases. But as I throw more and more into my packed suitcase, I realize how long I won't see Niall for.

"Please tell me this trip will be fast," Niall begs.

"I really hope so!" I answer laying down next to him.

I snuggle up close next to Niall.

"Maybe, the boys and I will take a quick vacation to Japan in the next few weeks?" Niall smirked.

"Alexa!!" My bedroom door swung open and in walked a frazzled Harry. "ALEXA!"

"Oh my gosh, Harry what are you doing here?!" I sat straight up from my bed.

"Did Ela leave yet? I thought you weren't going with them?" Harry paced around my room like the Tasmanian Devil.

"Harry, she already left..." I met Harry's eyes, which I could see were filled with sadness and confusion.

Harry went silent for an eternity. He just stared down at a white envelope in his hands.

"Is everything okay?"Niall and I shared an inquisitive look.

Harry never acts like this. This must all be from the huge blowup Ela and him had, which I'm assuming was never solved while we were gone.

"No, I'm not fucking okay. My phone broke the moment she left my house. Then every time I went with the guys to the house she was gone.

I tried to get her at the airport, but I missed her. Now, she's not here like I was hoping.." Harry sat down in one my chairs completely defeated.

"Wait, why did your phone break?" Niall chuckled.

"Because I threw when she left.."

"Well shit Harry." Niall awkwardly laughed it away.

To break the tension in the room, I brought up Japan.

"Harry, I'm leaving for Japan in two hours. Maybe I can deliver a message to her?" Hoping he would catch on.

"Well, can you give this to her then?" Harry prodded me with a white envelope

"Of course. Is there anything else?" I questioned him knowing there were millions of thoughts running through his head.

"Tell her. I lov- miss her. No. Shit. Shit. Shit. No. No that's all." Harry stormed out of my room just like he raveled in.

"I give Ela props for dating him," Niall chuckled.

"Honestly, I give Harry props for dating her," I added.

The chemistry between the couple is supernatural. The love between the two is like a magnetic bond, but as soon as they're about to get along, they repel.

I wish they could see what we see, love. Maybe, then they wouldn't focus so much on their differences.

"Well, it's time to go to the airport," I sighed picking up my suitcase.

"I will carry that for you.." Niall glumly said as he grabbed my baggage.

"Niall, it's only two weeks," I pulled him into my chest away from the door.

"2 weeks too long."

I tugged his shirt collar down to my eye level. I pressed my lips to his closing the space between us.

He put the suitcases on the ground and wrapped his arms around my waist.

The kiss was febrile. It was heated. It was long. It was sweet. I knew this was my goodbye for two weeks, and I never wanted it to end.