Seventy-seven

"You're making a scene. Stop!"

Elas POV

My legs felt like bricks were attached to them as I slugged my way over to Harry.

"You look, pissy." Maura quipped as she stood next to Harry.

"Thanks." I cursed under my breath at my situation.

"I think that I'm going to-head up to my room and get some sleep." I stuck my thumb in the direction behind me signalling I wanted out now.

"What'd Heather say to you that's making you run this time?"

Shit. He knows. "Nothing really." He didn't look convinced. "She complimented me is all. My dress actually. I wasn't expecting that whole nice card thing she played."

The lie seemed to be a bit believable as Harry backed off. "I'll go up with you then."

"No!" I slapped myself at how forcefully I sounded. "No, uhm- I'm just- the concert was so much tonight I'm so exhausted and I want to be in a good mood for you tomorrow."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't give a shit about that crap Ela."

"Let's meet for breakfast tomorrow morning though, okay? Meet in the lobby at seven?" I took steps back to show I was leaving, without him.

"Ela?" He stooped his head. "Are you not happy to see me?"

My heart shattered. I was chipping away a at him right here and right now with an ax. Just like Heather said. "I am Harry. I am. I'm just so tired and-"

He knew my stubbornness. He knew he wasn't winning tonight. He nodded dimly in defeat. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to cheek, lingering for just enough to make the action intimate. I squeezed my eyes closed savoring every bit.

"Okay, tomorrow morning then." I backed up before I could let tears win the inner battle.

"Tomorrow morning."

***
Alexa's pov

"I can't believe you came!" I squealed like an innocent school girl as I ran into his arms.

"Its been months Alexa! I fricking miss you! Come here!"

I didn't care who was watching or who was taking pictures in that moment. All I cared about was Niall and seeing him.

We were established as an "underground" couple. Only a few close to us, like our bands and family friends knew about us.

I wasn't even quite sure if you could call us a couple. We were more of a "thing". I don't even know.

His arms tightened around me and his scent engulfed me in waves. It reminded me of all the times I spent laying by his side goofing off and messing around.

"How'd you know I was at this club?"

He smiled like a bafoon.
"Melinda."

I grinned like an idiot. "She's such a dog."

My eyes flashed in the direction of Harry and Ela.

"So uhm- I thought they weren't supposed to meet up again till Melinda and Jack's wedding?"

Niall raised a knowing eyebrow.
"Someone couldn't wait..."

I smirked to myself.

"Let's dance."

And danced we did. I forgot the sheer amount of happiness I felt around him. He lifted every single one of my worries away with a smile. I knew he was sorry for the past. I believed his truth. And all I wanted was to make this relationship stronger now.