Thirty-three

"Separate is not the word to describe it."

Ela's POV

"So, ladies first on the agenda!" Melinda crisply clapped her hands getting ready to start a meeting.

When I came in to find Melinda in here this morning, my stomach immediately knotted when I saw her. I knew sleeping with Harry would rouse her, but surprisingly, she was completely content.

"These next few weeks are going to be pretty insane for you gals! We've been doing great so far! But remember that's no excuse! You all better be on your best behavior." she commanded proudly.

"But don't worry! I will be there to hail and guide you along the way. Remember girls I've always got your back. I love you all. Each of you differently that is." Melinda smiled at us.

"Okay. Melinda, why the hell are you acting like a care bear?" Erin sputtered out.

All of us started laughing, including Melinda. I think we all have been wondering the same thing.

"Well girls, that's what was next on the list! As you know, I have been single for quite some time now."

"Believe me. We know." Alexa muttered under her breath causing me to giggle a little bit.

"That has all changed now because I have met someone!" she beamed like a typical teenage girl.

"What? Who?" I asked extremely shocked.

"His name is Jack. He is actually the manger of One Direction! What a small world right?" Melinda laughed.

"Jack? One Direction's manager? Really Melinda? The public is going to have a field day with this!" I scolded her.

As soon as everyone knows our managers are dating, this will all just look like a big set up, which is not the case.

"Don't worry. Jack and I are going to be completely exclusive. I almost didn't tell you guys, but a girl has to tell someone other than their mom!"

"Okay, we understand. As long as it stays that way." Alexa proposed to her.

Melinda readily agreed, clearly wise enough to recognize the possible consequences.

"Now, that I have gotten that off my chest! I will be sharing my plan of action with you guys. We need to stop these spreading rumors and tell them the truth. There is nobody messing with Baseline anymore." Melinda cooling smile relinquished.

----

"So how's the new album coming for you girls?" the reporters shot off at us.

We agreed to have a huge press conference to clear up any discrepancies in our fandom.

"It is really coming together. We are trying new music styles with each song. Personally, I think it's our best yet." Lauren explained to the blonde lady furiously writing notes down.

Lie. We were having trouble with this album. We just couldn't seem to get the words to flow. Melinda offered professional writers to come and help us out, but the girls and I all agreed to write our own songs together. The songs are better that way. More from the heart. However we were starting to get worried with the long hiatus of song writing.

"Do you guys plan on working with anyone for a tour?" A pudgy man asks me, interrupting my train of thought.

"We have always talked about it, but there isn't anything set in stone yet." I told him confidently.

"Is it because you guys are breaking up?"

Alexa's POV

I could just wrangle that redhead's neck in the front row. Why would he ever ask if we were breaking up?

This time it was my turn to answer.

"Never in our entire career together has breaking up been in the discussion. No one has even mentioned it. Not only are we bandmates, we are best friends. We don't just break up." I spat at the ornery reporter.

"Then why would you separate at the awards?" he fired back.

"Separate is not the word to describe it. We were not seated together as a group, and that happens sometimes. Ela and Harry were very excited to go as a couple to the show. It wasn't because we wanted to break up. It is because two of my best friends are in love." I said hopefully shutting up the reporter.

However, I just caused more of a ruckus.

"They're in love? They have only been dating for a month?"

All eyes went to Ela, and I could feel her heart racing across the table.

"In love. Like. Crushing. Going steady. Why does it matter? They are interested in each other and maybe in love. Who knows! But I do know we will support them in every aspect of their relationship." I told the reporter off, defending Ela and Harry.

"Wait their relationship? Don't you have your own to worry about?" He said with a sly smile.

"Niall and I are very happy together. Actually, both of our bands together are melding perfectly together. Each of us have found our perfect match. We are all blessed to have the boys." I peacefully answered, completely shutting down the argument.

Melinda walks up from behind the crowd and walks to the microphone.

"Alright, everyone thank you for coming! Time is up. We must end this, but there will be more in the future."

We all waved goodbye to them and smiled for one last picture before everyone disappeared from the building.

"Wow that's a relief it's over." I said wiping the nonexistent sweat off my forehead.

"Thank you so much for saving my butt, Alexa!" Ela hugged me tightly.

"Don't worry about it! He was just being a bully. And all of my answers were 100% true. It just shows you how open our band is!" I exclaimed.

It is true. Our band has no secrets to hide from the public, well besides Melinda's relationship, but that's not important. What is important, is that we keep being honest and true.

"Well, done ladies!" Melinda applauded us. I'm starting to really like this positive Melinda.

"Now, before we move to another award show, who wants to record a hit song?" She exclaimed.

"We do." someone said behind us.

Niall and the boys.