Three

"I never did anything wrong."

Ela's POV

I felt my eyes slowly drift open from the deep slumber I was in. I immediately knew the hangover headache was coming as I started to sit up.

As I take in my surroundings I come to an alarming conclusion that I am not in my bed. Nor am I in a familiar place at all. With it's simple dark furniture and records decorating the walls, this was nowhere a girl's room. I tried to look closer at the music awards on the dresser, but my foggy contacts kept me from focusing on anything.

I had no idea where I was, who's house I was in, or what exactly happened last night. I was praying none of my drunk actions lead to the paparazzi again.

I turned over to the side table and grabbed my phone. It was 11: 41 in the morning? Crap. I knew I was probably in trouble.

When I reach the hallway, all I see are a bunch of doors stretching up and down a narrow path. This was a very grand suite, and someone with a large family or a lot of cash was staying here. I stormed to the left, hoping to find the exit, but instead, I was brought to a open living area and shirtless, lanky boy drinking a cup of coffee.

"What the actual fuck?" Were the first words that left my mouth.

It wasn't Kendall's bed I was in. It wasn't one of the girls' beds. It was Harry Styles's bed.

"Well, hello Love. You seem to be back on Earth today." I just wanted to slap that smirk off his face. How could he be so cocky at this time of day?

"Where am I? Why am I here?"

I watched as he put the cup of coffee on the table and crossed his arms in a authoritive way.

"Last night, you were extremely intoxicated. It got to a point where you were calling me 'daddy'. The beer pong really started to get to everyone, and that's when the paps started showing up."

I can't remember anything. The last thing I remember was getting inches away from Harry's face and almost kissi...

"I knew you couldn't escape with your friends like this. The paps follow you girls like hawks on their prey. Same for us, but I knew a way out of that beach. I led you, Zayn, and Maura to my car. "

Maura? She is here to?

"Once we got here, One Direction's penthouse, I put you in my bed. I stayed on the couch. So don't worry I wasn't trying to pull a move on a drunk girl. I am not that horrible."

I couldn't wrap my head around this. I have never gotten this drunk in awhile. And why of all people did he come to my aid? And Maura's here with Zayn?

"Why couldn't you just let Alexa take me home? She has always gotten me home without any issues or pap run-ins." I told him.

Which is slightly true. Alexa always got me home if I was ever in this condition, but somehow the paparazzi always and I mean always found out.

"Like I said I didn-"

"So what do you want? Money? Or a picture of Ela Cunningham leaving your house early morning? Name it so I can get this over with."

I saw him furrow his brows in confusion.

"What do you mean? I was protecting you?"

"HAH. Protection. You just wanted one of the lead singers from Baseline in your bed for bragging rights. Thankfully, you had a little decency to not rape me while I was sleeping. Thanks Harry freaking Styles."

I know it was anger I was speaking out of, but I couldn't help it. I also knew it was anger purely directed towards myself. But he had no right to take me here. I HARDLY EVEN KNOW HIM.

"You just seemed so upset over Kendall, and your friends were pretty tired themselves."

Kendall? Is he serious?

"Don't speak his name. You have no right to be talking about Kendall."

"Well, that didn't stop you when all you did was share all his problems and secrets with me."

I can't believe him. He knew I was drunk, but he kept pushing me about Kendall. Now, he is using that against me. What a douche bag.

"You kept pushing." I pointed an accusing finger at his chest.

"You seemed desperate."

My blood boiled. Who was this dick to come and play hero? He knew nothing about me.

I stormed a random direction praying to find it was an exit.

"Wait, Ela."

His tone was so hushed and calm, but it still made me angry.

"You can't just leave here. Maura is Zayn's bedroom. Plus, there is probably thousands of paparazzi around your house. Stop being so god-damn defensive, and calm down."

"Calm down? YOU want ME to calm down? You come out expecting to be the knight and shining armor when all you did was make rumors probably fly about me! You act like you know me and all my "problems" like I'm some hallmark sympathy card you can read easily! I'm not a child. I know what I'm doing."

I watch as he bit his lip. He was trying so hard not to say anything, but I knew he wanted to. Some part of me wanted him to keep fighting me. I craved this battle, even though I already won.

I turned away from his shirtless body and followed Maura's laughter until I came to the right door. I pounded on the door when she finally opened it, wearing Zayn's T-shirt. After protesting and pouting, she finally agreed to leave. I needed to get out of here away from Harry and his foolishness.

I grabbed Maura's arm and pulled her from Zayn's built arms.

"HEY!" She yelped at me.

"Let's go." I said hoping to shut her up.

Rounding the corner, I saw Harry rubbing his temples with his index fingers. Good. He feels the annoying headache I do.

"Bye Harry! Thank you for taking us home! A run in with the paps when we were in that state, drunk off our asses state, would've been so bad! And Melinda would've fucking killed-"

"He gets it!" I snapped unintentionally at Maura.

Harry smirked over at me triumphetly.

Ugh. Vomit. That smirk.

I shoved her out the door. If I wasn't here, she would have never left.

Suddenly I felt this strong hand grab my arm. I was turned to face Harry. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't ignore the growing goosebumps that covered my arm.

"You can't run away from me, Ela. I never did anything wrong. I was there for you. I know we just met, but I wanted to protect you. I promise you there was no other motive."

His green eyes literally pierced right through me. There was something behind them that made me believe him, but at the same time, not trust him at all.

"Bye Harry."

I closed the door behind me and in front of his face.

"Whoa there tiger. What the hell happened Ela?" Maura quizzed me.

"Nothing. Let's just go home."