Chapter 01

Jane POV

''Mom I can't marry him! He is arrogant, he is selfish, he is a playboy and more.'' I said in anger looking at my mother

''Jane you don't know that. Not everything you see on the internet are true.'' My mother said looking at me sympathized.

''Most things you see on the internet aren't far from the truth mother.''

''Why are you so mad about marrying this guy Jane, you guys used to be friends before we moved to England.''

''Mom everything change,we were kids. We didn't understand much about life. And he was Jack's friend, not mine.''

''Now we are adults. Everybody has their own life's to live. I am sure he doesn't want to marry me too. And their is no hart feeling about it, because we are on the same page.''

''Well you don't have a say in this and so does he. Both your grandparents made this arrangement when you were bron. And since Alexander's parents brought it back to the table, we thought it will be a good idea.''

''Mom you guys should have let me know about this marriage before saying yes. What if I was in a relationship.''

''That is why we agree. You are not in a relationship.'' My mom said smiling.

''Mom I will not marry him and that is finale.'' I said walking away form my her.

''We will see about that.'' My mom shouted at me.

That was the first time my parents was forcing me to do something I didn't want to do. I could not marry someone I didn't love. Beside that I wasn't ready to be in a relationship. After what happened last time to me, I really wasn't ready. Romantic relationship are stressful.

Well I am sorry for not introduce myself at first. I'm Jane Anderson.

I had an older brother, Jack. He was married to a Latina girl and her name was Lana. They had a beautiful girl, she looks a lot like her father, they named her Bella.

Me and Jack had a very good relationship. We were like best friends. I could talk to him about anything. He protected me the way every big brothers should protect their sister. I was jealous, when he brought Lana home. At first I didn't talk to her, I tough she would take my brother away form me. But that wasn't the case.

She would visit at times my brother wasn't home. To talk to me, to help with my home work. She would teach how to do my make-up. That's how I started liking her and became friends.

Beside my brother and Lana I had another friend. She was very kind, loving person I had known. She got married to her high-school lover.

As for me I have been single for a while now.
You may be wondering who I had to marry. Alexander King the guy every other girl dreamed of. I said every other girl because I didn't want to be in that group. Well not anymore, he use to be my boyfriend secretly. Things happened then we splitted. Accusing, he broke things off with me.
*

''Ms. Anderson the meeting will start in fifteen minutes.''
''Okay Kate I will be there in two minutes. You can cancel everything of this day after the meeting.''
But Ms. Anderson you have lunch plan with Mrs. King, should I cancel that too.'' My secretary asked at me. ''No don't worry about that, I will call her. And after the meeting you can go home to your son.''
''Thank you ms. Anderson.'' She said smiling at me.

''Kate do I always have to tell you to call by my first name?'' I said asked her. ''No Ms.Ander... I mean Jane.''
I had always told her to call me by my name, but she wouldn't.
She was a very sweet girl, she was twenty years old. I met her two years ago, on the road with a baby. She was crying, she told she had no where go and nobody to help her. I felt very bad for her so I brought her to my parents.

My dad got her a place to stay. She got pregnant, then her boyfriend left her after he found out that they were going to be parents. Her parents didn't want anything to with her and the baby. So they told her to pack her belongings and to leave the house.

She graduated form high school before I met her. My parents payed online class for her. So at that time she graduate I was in need of a secretary. And she had been that since then. She was also like sister to me.

I had an fashion company. My company was doing very well. My workers were like family, they worked very hard. Without them and my parents I didn't think I would have come this far.

My brother also owned a company. It was an architectural company, just like my father's.
Well at first he wanted to be an artist, but wouldn't let him. My father would say ' none of my children will be artist.'
I didn't care, but I felt very bad for my brother. Because he could singing very well.

He became an architect and also owned an company. But that didn't stop him to do something. Because he couldn't do what he wanted, he gave other people the chance. He got his own studio, where people will come and records, he writes songs for people to sing.

At first my father didn't like Lana too.
It was the first time Jack brought her home. We were having dinner then mom; 'asked her, who are your parents?'
As she said their names, dad told her to repeat their names. She said it again and then my father stood up and left the dinning room. Mom and Jack got really mad that day. I felt bad for her even tough I didn't like her.

Because of her father, he used to be one of my father friends and he didn't like my mother. He would say; 'she is black why are dating her?' So my father stop talking to him. And then his daughter was  dating his son.

My mother told him not because her father was like that, that she be the same. When my father got to know her, he saw that she was different. Then he asked for her forgiveness.

Enjoy the story.
❤ u all