Chapter||56

Enjoy your long chapter <33

/////////////////////

(Y/N)'S POV

Your heart raced as you sprinted up the rocky terrain, you never felt this alive. It all felt so surreal, the humidity around you, the freezing rain pelting against your back as you charged forward almost blinded by the liquid pellets. The wind whispering loudly as you kept your fast pace, the loud thundering in your chest was almost deafening. Scratches and bruises forming from branches trying to slow you stride by stretching out just enough to wack you from your own momentum.

It had been seven months... seven months, since your first attempt of escape. You had to admit, killing chloe was worth the wait for you. Seeing the light fade from that sluts eyes as you forced every bit of air out of her lungs. The doctor had found you, but thank the stars above nothing horrible had come from your attempt. Big sister looked saddened to see you returned to your cell, but she was exactly the reason for your escape... and her own.

She knew she'd die without the doctor, but she said she wanted to see the comet shower... just one more time before her body shut down. She'd planned both of your escapes for the perfect moment to fulfill her dream, you'd been hoping she made it to her destination. The comet shower was two nights ago... she's most likely dead by now. It had taken you over two weeks to travel back to Mt. Ebott, an as selfish as it sounds the reason had been so you could enjoy the real world just once before forever diving into the world of monsters.

An now that your here, your soul was basically bursting with an unknown excitement and desperation to get there. The feelings started just a little over four hours ago and you felt like your heart was going to burst, where ever this feeling had risen from. It hurt to not keep going, like you where stalling time and it would be the end of the world if you didn't make it. An as soon as you seen the pit into what you use to call hell, you did a double dip dismount down into the world of monsters. A bright grin on your face as you accepted that this was going to hurt like a bitch when you landed, you'd remembered fairly well just how bad it hurt.

The wind knocked fully from your chest, leaving you desperately gasping for what little air you could suck in before the world vanished. When you came back, you where still in the flowers and in which you'd quickly risen up to dash through the puzzles of the ruins. Except your klutzy ass got stuck on one of the damn traps, impatient as you struggled within the damn snare, desperate to keep going for what reasons you couldn't pinpoint fully. This desperation seemed two sided, not fully your own but not fully the other either.

When you heard the large stomps of a familiar goat queen, you froze for a minute. Eyes wide as she stared down at you, crouching down to get a better look at you as her twisted grin wasn't as unsettling as it use to be. "My My!! W-What are you doing so far in the ruins, child?" She basically forcefully pulled you out of the snare, which caused you to hiss loudly as it dug into your sides leaving bleeding cuts. She had dragged you on blabbering about humans not showing up for ages, you tried to rekindle the family bond you managed to make last time.

Using social cues you remember she melted for, by the time she'd gotten you to her home, she was trembling. "M-My child... o-our world is-s not a safe on-ne n-neither i-i am s-safe..." she mumbled, tears beginning to prick at her eyes while she set her hands on your shoulders. "A-As much as i'd love to keep you as m-my own daughter... i-i'm afraid i'll hurt you..." you wrapped your arms around her midsection, damn she's taller then you'd remembered.