Chapter||49

Sans POV

"P-papyrus..." sans mumbled, not believing what now stood in front of him. His own brother looking like a ragged animal, his teeth more sharp as drool dripped from them as he snarled. He looked half dead and barely clinging to life, his bones creaking at his every move while some snapped ruggedly. He let out a deep roar, charging at sans with clawed arms open.

Teleporting out of the way sans clenched his fist tightly, he couldn't do this. That was his brother for fucks sake, papyrus turned with a few sickening snaps. Continuing to snarl as he lunged for sans again, snapping his jaws in attempt to grab him. Sans dodged back, his eyes wide and confused while dodging around his savage brother. "Papyrus stop!! Its me sans!!" The monster ignored him, continuing to bite, claw, lunge and snarl at him.

Sans couldn't do anything other than dodge, he felt scared. His fear driving him to keep moving but he wanted to help papyrus. The constant crackling and upset groaning under his snarling made him worry even as papyrus was trying to kill him. Papyrus called his dodge, using his arm to slam into his chest as the wind was knocked out of sans. Tumbling back, he coughed out and gasped. Trying to regain his breath as fast footsteps approached. With as little force he had he summoned a skull to shove papyrus back.

The sick crack following made him jolt up breathlessly, seeing dust arise from the tall mangled skeleton. "Nonononononono papyrus!!" Stumbling over to him, sans lifted his head up to check for any concussions. Papyrus's eyesockets snapped open, sans being thrown back into one of the pillars. Choking as something in his back snapped, falling limply as the pain surges through his bones. Once again papyrus was atop him quickly, grabbing sans by the neck and lifting him up.

Only to slam him back down into the tiled floor, sans only hissed in pain. Unable to shout as papyrus didn't spare any mercy. Why am I still alive, was sans' only thought as he was thrown around like a ragdoll. Feeling his ribs collapsing as cracks where beginning to form on his skull from the continuous bashing. Then it stopped, the room stopped moving as the monster above him snarled. Weakly reaching an arm out to the taller skeleton, sans winced at the pain. "B-Br-ro..." He cried out, unable to react as his hand was smacked away effortlessly. He felt his soul shatter as papyrus spoke a few daring words.

"You never were my brother"