Chapter||54

(Y/N)'S POV

"P-Please please!! P-Please!! He's all i had!!" Sans begged, his trembling hold on you scaring you as you tried to calm him. "I-I know i-ive been a dick to you (y/n) b-but please...y-you can stay at the surface and let us die of either age or starvation but please give me back my b-brother...if n-not for me th-hen for papyrus..."

It hurt to see sans this way, absolutely broken and alone. Even though he didn't realize he wasn't fully alone because you promised not to leave him, yet you understood he was hurt. "I-I can-n't..." You whispered, your grip tightening on him in fear he'd kill you again. "I-I don't have the reset option..." Going stiff, his eyes looked up at you with disbelief. "Y-Your the only human underground.. y-you should have it. Why don't you have it?!"

You shook your head, looking away. You didn't know either but if you did you would've reset before hand. Letting out a surprised squeak from the lack of air in your chest, you looked back down to find sans pulling your soul out. You nearly choked in surprise from the black shard that had been corrupting your soul slowly over time, nearly absorbing the little color left but you could still see the original placement of the black shard.

"S-Sans...? Sans what are you doing?" He was unresponsive, his hands clasping around your soul. "Sans? Sans, please don't i don't want to die again please!!" He didn't listen, grabbing the shard as your body convulsed in pain. Falling back to the hard tiles, you gasped loudly to try and breath. "S-San-ns!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Then it all went black, unlike the save screen you just floated aimlessly. Was this what death felt like...? Just a void of color and feeling, not a sound or sight to hold onto. You couldn't tell the difference between your eyes opened or closed. "What's a lost soul like you doing here...? You must be confused, child." You grew curious, who one earth was that and why did they sound familiar. Out of the pitch black, a large figure towered over you even when they slouched down to speak. "Ah..He is doing something never done before.. a risky move on both your parts. You are not dead...simply taking a while for the true reset to come in affect. It's been ages since its happened...Shut your eyes now, everything will be alright."

Their hand ghosted over your eyes and as soon as you shut them. All feelings returned back in an instant, making you groan in discomfort. "Wake up (y/n)!! Your going to be late!!"

"S-Sis?"