Epilogue

~~LEAH

I watched Dina cry for the last three days in my bedroom, I saw the care in her eyes and the pain.

        “I guess you are free now Leah, away from your father and your curse. I wish you well.” Dina sniffled where I couldn’t take this pain anymore; I closed my eyes rematerializing myself in the room where Dina was.

        “I wish you stopped crying Dina.” I smiled where she jumped nearly having a heart attack from what happened.

        “How?” she replied the only thing that could be said since I pulled her into a hug, she could feel my skin against hers. My touch rubbing on her skin almost like that I wasn’t dead at all.

        “It’s this house, if you die in here you stay here as a ghost. I’m happier here and I want you to be happy.” I smiled pulling back where I wiped the tears from her eyes with my sleeves.

        “Your father got life in prison for your death.” She replied where I didn’t really care anymore about him and I cared about her. She seemed to really care about me where I walked towards the cracked mirror seeing my reflection still.

        “I want you to do something for me.” I exclaimed opening the drawer taking the last journal I ever wrote and handed it to her. She held it tight to her chest like it was a teddy bear. “See that gets published, it’s the truth about the Murder House and if the world wants to know. You can publish it under a pen name or whatever you want. You don’t have to stay here Dina; you can go out there and live your life free from this ghost life.”

        “I thought that only you could see them?” she asked where I chuckled seeing Tate in the doorframe his arms crossed and Dina saw him too.

        “Some ghosts can show themselves to humans if they want to. Like I’m doing to you and like Tate was doing for months to me.” I explained where she looked seeing Tate nod by my statement.

        “I’m happy you’re happy Leah. I will get this dedicated to you and bring a copy by when its published.” She replied where I smiled giving her another hug tightly in my grip. She walked out of the room leaving me and Tate to ourselves where I flashed him a smile and he held me at my waist.

        “Finally getting the truth out into the world huh?” he asked where I kissed him with my lips and could only smile by his comment.

~~~~~~~~THREE MONTHS LATER~~~~~~~

Things had changed almost overnight in the Murder House; the ghosts seem to be no longer afraid of Tate or me. They are free to move around the house without fear of the monster in the darkness. Dina says my book reached the bestseller as the ghost love story like I wanted to hear. She decided to stay and live in the house with the ghosts, they leave her alone and I visit all the time now. My father is rotting in a jail cell ranting on about the ghosts and his daughter being a freak. His jail mates are not too thrilled to have him but I’ll leave them to figure out what they want to do. Dina had found a new man who seems to really care more about her then alcohol, plus e is very open minded about the house. He’s open minded to see the ghosts and live among them the first of many I say. Tate is doing well; he is trying to make amends with the ghosts while his father is trying to be fatherly like towards him. Tate still can’t forgive him but at least he’s letting it happen somewhat and for that I am proud to here. The mysteries behind the Murder House are being published under my name as Dina’s pen name while I write the truth. The truth behind their secrets and people now understand the torment they suffer. I still debate whether to write the truth about Tate or to keep it to myself. Moira is still Moira still being the maid to a house of horror but she likes it I suppose. As for me I’m still writing in journals that Dina buys me from the store and we are getting along for once in my life. I know she isn’t my mother but she is the closest thing to a friend I have. Sometimes I remember what it was like to be alive but I knew living was slightly overrated when you spent the most parts of your life with the dead. I still feel the darkness inside me but it’s a lot more under control then it was before. I still have the cracked mirror in my room and I look at it every day when I walk passed it. It was the reminder I needed to know that we are all the same, we all have darkness inside our hearts that we struggle to fight down. I no longer need to fight the fire inside me either. I still see half a face in the mirror but that is fixed with Tate’s. we are the same and they say the mirror reflects back what the soul shows. I see Tate as a kindred spirit, who suffered chaos in his life and I see me a struggling writer with a dark secret fearing for the truth to be revealed. It seems like the mirror did more to for me then it does for most people who look at it. It showed me who I really was, not some ghost whisperer hiding but an actual teenage girl. The mirror shows more than our share of pain and sorrow, it shows the truth within its Reflections.