Chapter 11

~~TATE

I sat in the chair that was in the basement rocking back and forth, I could tell Moira was talking to Leah about me. She was doing her usual warning Leah to stay away from me but I knew Leah wouldn’t listen to her. I held my hands while I rocked forward and backward in the chair when I saw the one ghost pass me and I glared over at it.

        “You think she’s stupid? She will learn what you had done and she will hate you forever.” The ghost whispered where I smirked to that statement before chuckling softly.

        “If she finds out then she does. We are the same and I know she knows it too. We will be together and not you, Moira or the other ghosts who are trapped here will stop this. I’ve changed because of her and I will show her that she has changed too.” I exclaimed where I heard the ghost scoff at my statement with anger and I figured this would happen.

        “You think you changed? You killed me and you think she will love you after she hears what you did. She will send you away and you will see the monstrous creature you really are.” The ghost replied where I jumped to my feet and my eyes went black piercing the ghost into its nonexistent soul. It trembled a little where I smirked seeing their fear in the eyes. “You don’t have a soul or remorse for your crimes. You’ll drag her down with you to hell and she doesn’t deserve to pay for your crimes with her soul.” I slammed my hand against the wall startling the ghost who was frightened by my demonic eyes.

        “I will never let that happen to her. Do yourself a favor and disappear from my view before I show you what a monster really is.” I hissed before the ghost vanished from my sight and I decided to go see Leah. I stayed invisible passing by her stepmother who was drinking coffee and Moira who wasn’t paying any attention to me. I continued to walk up the stairs to hear her and her father arguing yet again, I watched how he was frustrated and Leah was annoyed.

        “I don’t care anymore dad; if you keep pushing me I will stop helping you.” Leah replied where I saw her father get madder and I wanted to pull him around like a rag doll.

        “Oh you think that you can just quit this? What about your college fund? Where do you think that money is coming from? Without the books you have nothing.” Her father barked where I saw Leah slightly laughing at him and he seemed very confused.

        “You think I care about the money without my gifts there wouldn’t be any money or books. I can write these books by myself without you, remember that I’ll be eighteen soon and no need to listen to you. Now if you don’t mind I have to change because Tate will be here soon. Goodbye dad.” Leah exclaimed where I could see her father wanted to strike his daughter again but I quickly rematerialized into the hallway.

        “Hello again, Mr. Hale.” I replied which caused her father to jump by the sounds of my presences.

        “Tate…I was just telling my daughter I was going into town.” Her father stuttering where I knew it was a lie but I looked at him with my dark brown eyes. He seemed to pass by me where Leah poked her head out of the bedroom to see me and I gave her a nice soft smile.

        “I’m sorry about that.” She apologized where I walked in passed her where I knew her father was scared of me too.  

        “Don’t worry about it; I was just happy to get here before your father lost it.” I smiled where she was going through her dresser for something to wear. She pulled out a black nirvana tank top to wear and I turned slightly not watching her change. She touched my arm again where I turned and heard the front door from downstairs shut loudly in the house. She quickly rushed to the window seeing her father and stepmother finally leave the house.

        “I want to do something before he gets back, you mind helping me?” she asked where I smiled at her nodding at her and she took my hands leading me out of the bedroom. I have no idea what she meant but I was hoping it wasn’t asking me questions about my past.