Chapter 15

~~TATE

I could sense something was off in the air, was Moira talking to Leah again about me I was guessing. I felt like there was a lot of weight being pushed off my shoulders, the darkness inside me was disappearing. My chest felt lighten up from the evil everyone thought resided in me disappear. I turned to see Moira coming down to the basement maybe to threaten me or warn me to stay away again. I was finally happy, finally found someone who cares about me and I found someone to care for myself.

        “Come to ruin my good mood, Moira?” I asked where I could tell she seemed almost pleased with herself.

        “It’s actually Leah I’m smiling about.” She smirked which I was now confused to know what she meant by that. I tried to be calm and not let the darkness inside me awaken again.

        “What are you talking about?” I questioned where she just gave me an ominous smile.

        “You’ll see. You’ll see very soon.” She answered before turning away from me and heading back to the kitchen. This seemed to confuse me when I decided to see where I decided to see what she meant. I dematerialized into my ghost like spirit self to walk around the house undetected by her father. I walked passed seeing her father and stepmother at the kitchen table.

        “I’m telling you, there is something odd about that boy Leah’s seeing.” Her father replied which I knew that he was talking about me.

        “Gabe? If he makes her happy then why should you care?” Dina asked where I agreed with her for once someone understood.

        “Oh makes her happy by threatening me?” her father replied where I tried to settle the flames that roared within me.

        “Well you bring that onto yourself with the drinking. If you didn’t think that the boy wouldn’t protect her from you?” Dina exclaimed she was right about that, if her father wasn’t an abusive alcoholic then I wouldn’t have to threaten him.

        “The boy has no idea what he’s getting involved with, Leah has something dangerous inside her. A power we have no idea how strong it is and the boy thinks he can protect her, he won’t be able to protect himself.” Her father answered which struck me as odd what he meant by that.

        “Well the boy will be there for her no matter what so I guess you shouldn’t worry. Anyway if we are going to make it to the fair we should go now. Moira said Leah wasn’t feeling well so we should just leave her alone.” Dina explained where I know felt concerned to hear Leah wasn’t feeling well. I watched them walk out of the kitchen and out the front door. I rematerialized myself appearing in the hallway before I headed up the flight of stairs to see if Leah was okay. I made my way slowly up the stairs so Moira wouldn’t hear me and try to stop me. I got to her/my bedroom touching the knob in my hand and opened the door seeing Leah sitting on the bed almost like she was waiting for me. She sat with her legs crossed in a pretzel before she looked up seeing me standing there. Her eyes looked bloodshot and her eyes looked dead at me almost like the look I gave when I was threatening someone.

        “Leah? What happened?” I asked where she could only stare at me, her eyes cutting at me like a blade.

        “You lied to me.” She answered which confused me but her eyes were red hot at me, what did she mean? What did Moira tell her?