Chapter 10

~~LEAH

I tossed and turned most of the night, I could feel the heat of fire surge through my veins. I could barely breathe; I felt my body fall into my own mind melting into my past and I was appearing before my past self. I was watching my little self be surrounded at a dance by bullies who were taunting me. I remembered this day, there were so much death this night and I couldn’t remember what exactly happened. It looked like I was able to watch and see what was happening when I blacked out that night.

        “Come on freak show us some tricks?” one of the bullies laughed while the others chimed in with laughter and taunts, I couldn’t help my younger self here no matter how much I want too.

        “A girl like you living in those haunted places must have tricks.” Another bully replied where all I wanted was to be left alone.

        “Just leave me alone.” My younger past self-begged but no one was leaving me be, I watched my younger self eyes beginning to water.

        “Look boys, she’s about to cry.” One boy replied where everything turned to chaos, I was jerked away while the sounds of screaming and death spread everywhere. I awaken shortly afterwards drenched in sweat and out of breath from the nightmare.I turned over seeing that Tate was no longer there, he must had left earlier. I felt a chill of cold air flow through the room when I turned my blurry vision seeing someone was there. I wiped my eyes seeing the image before me clearing up seeing Moira stand before me. She caused me to almost leap out of my own bed, she looked more ghostly then she normally did.

        “Moira? What are you doing here?” I asked where she seemed like she was frightened and a lot paler than usual.

        “Stay away from him, he’s not human. He’s evil, a monstrous being who has no soul. He is the devil child and he will claim your soul if you let him in.” she exclaimed where I was confused on what she meant, I stood walking over towards her.

        “What are you talking about? Who are you talking about?” I asked where she looked around to make sure we were alone oddly.

        “Tate. He’s not who he says he is. He’s a master manipulator and a pathological liar. He will draw you into his darkness and will strike those who get in his way.” She replied where I was very confused on what she meant by these things she said about Tate.

        “What?” I started when she stopped looking around and then out of the blue she disappeared, I heard creaking down stairs and my heart sort of skipped a beat. I crept out of my bedroom passing by the other bedroom where I heard snoring echo. I went down the stairs where I sensed Moira was leading me somewhere but I had no idea where. I saw the basement light was on so I slowly walked down the stairs seeing a dark figure rocking in the chair but I couldn’t tell who it was. I started to move forward until I saw the ghosts of Charles and Nora mumbling to one another. I then saw two others whispering to one another and Moira surprised me by showing up behind me. The ghosts started to surround me and I felt extremely uncomfortable with their loud whispers and pleads. I then felt someone pull at my arm and I fell into the small crawlspace away from them. The dark figure held my mouth so I wouldn’t scream and I looked to see a pair of dark brown eyes look back at me.

        “Shhh. It’s me. It’s me.” Tate exclaimed where I felt less tension inside me when he removed his hand from my mouth. Our noses touched slightly where his lips slightly touched mine and I felt my heart flutter slightly. I broke it softly still hearing the whispers around us, I felt Tate’s arm on the wall next to me. I don’t know why but I felt my body screaming at me to be with him.

        “What are you doing here?” I asked where he gave me his warm smile and I felt my entire body get weak with his touch against my arm.

        “I couldn’t sleep and I wanted to check on you after your father went to sleep. I see you look scared about something, are you okay?” he asked where I could see Moira behind him shaking her head with worry in her eyes.

        “I’m fine now.” I smiled where I pulled him into a hug and when I looked back at Moira she was gone and the whispers finally stopped. What did she mean about Tate? Why are all the ghosts scared of him? Why am I drawn to him? Are they wrong? Or are they right? I hope they are wrong.