Chapter 13

~~TATE

“I remember you threatened me last night but I can see why you did it. I see you care about her and she cares about you. I guess I turn to alcohol because of the stress and I know hitting my daughter isn’t going to help much.” Her father exclaimed where I gave a smirk before slamming him against the wall.

“You think I’m falling for that line of bullshit. I know you are saying this to make your daughter believe this but you’re not fooling me.” I barked where her father seemed to see I could see through him. My dark brown eyes remained because I couldn’t reveal my true self yet. “I’ve lived through this and I will protect her from you every day for the rest of my life. Even if I have to show you true pain to save her, I will you got that.” Her father nodded where I knew he was a little scared and I let him go turning to walk down to the living room.

“You think you can have a normal relationship with my daughter? She’s not normal, you know she’s not normal.” Her father replied where I turned to look over at him smiling.

“You think I didn’t know that she see’s ghosts? I found that out myself and I don’t care that she is different. It makes her unique and this doesn’t scare me and neither do you.” I smiled evilly before seeing he was stunned to hear that I knew about Leah already, I guess he figured he could use that to scare me off. I walked down the stairs seeing Nora and Charles were looking at me and Leah was rubbing her forehead. “Are you okay Leah?”

“Yeah just I got a headache from everything, this takes a lot out of me.” She replied where I rubbed her shoulder and her father appeared at the steps.

        “I’ll be right here if you need me okay?” I smiled where her father went to his desk and was ready to begin with Nora and Charles. They saw me glare at them to shut up and they wanted to warn Leah about me. It was only about twenty more minutes with Leah asking the ghosts about the clinic down the stairs and their baby Thaddeus. An hour passed by where Nora and Charles vanished from view and her father started to type onto his laptop from the notes he received. I followed Leah into the kitchen where she grabbed a sandwich Moira made for her earlier. She looked exhausted from the ghost’s conversations after she finished her sandwich she took my hand leading to her room again. She shut the bedroom door before looking back at me with a serious look in her eyes.

        “Tate I just have a question and answer honestly.” She started where my stomach did a little twist but I knew I had to play it cool.

        “You know you can ask me anything Leah.” I smiled where she took a deep breath and looked back up at me.

        “Why do you like me?” she asked which was an odd question to ask but I guess it was a valuable question to ask.

        “I guess I like that you are different than most girls I met. You are not afraid of much and you see the worst things the normal humans can’t. I guess I admire you trying to use your gifts to help even if your father exploits them for a profit. I guess I admire your strength to deal with everything you do.” I explained where it must have made her feel better to hear that. She pulled me by my shirt kissing my lips with hers and I loved to feel them. I pinned her back against the wall kissing her with more heat, I could feel the energy wanting to escape from me. “I love you…Leah.” The words escaped my lips where I feared that I said it too soon but she just pulled me closer to her lips. She pulled away again looking into my dark brown eyes and rubbed my blonde hair from my eyes.

        “I love you too Tate.” She smiled and I felt relieved to hear those words come from her and I pulled her body close to me.