Chapter 18

~~LEAH

It’s been a few days now since I sent Tate away, I felt almost betrayed that Tate never told me but somehow I could understand why. I touched the wall again with my forehead hearing the loud pops of gunshots echo through my ears. I was in Tate’s old room and he was killed in here by the police SWAT team. I could feel myself crumble into pieces when tears started to stream down my cheeks. I turned my head slightly seeing the astral visions of Tate being shot forty times and falling dead onto the floor. Even though I learned the truth I felt like I was just like him, we are both cursed to live with everything that we lived through. I slid down against the wall pressing the back of my head against the wall watching the astral figures go through the routine over and over again. I pulled my journal from the dresser with my pen and figured I should write what I was feeling. “Is it wrong for me to feel guilty for everything I do? I use my powers to learn the truth and my father uses them for money. I heard from all of the ghosts, there warnings to stay away from him because he was bad but I didn’t listen. I feel ashamed that I yelled at Tate, I felt his pain inside my stomach when I told him to go away. I called him a monster and that he should be sent to hell for what he did. I shouldn’t have done that because if anyone is a monster, it’s me. Please forgive me Tate.” I placed my pen into the book when I heard someone knock on the door startling me. I wiped the tears from my eyes quickly standing up walking over to answer the door. I opened it to see Moira was standing there with almost a concern look pressed against her face.

        “Oh Miss Hale, I know your father is not the best to live with but you shouldn’t let him get to you.” She replied touching my shoulder where her ghostly chill ran through my skin, I still didn’t mention to my father she was a ghost too because she made me promise to keep it to myself.

        “It isn’t that Moira; I don’t know what I should do about Tate. I know you all don’t like him but I can’t help myself.” I exclaimed trying to fight back my tears where she gave me a smile which seemed odd.

        “For everything he done it was in the past. He is cursed to live here with us but I can see there is something changed within him. It’s almost like the darkness that clouded him for years started to fade when he was with you. I can tell you also have darkness surrounding you that he seems to help fade within you. Even though it’s not the best idea, you should call him back.” She replied where I could tell she was right about that. “Talk to him.” I smiled where I placed my journal onto the table next to me and headed out the bedroom to the basement where I hoped Tate would be. I made it to the end of the stairs when the front door bell ring and I knew I had to answer it since no one else was here. I opened it seeing two boys standing there with a somewhat ominous look.

        “Can I help you boys?” I asked where they seemed to be scanning me with their eyes which felt creepy.

        “You’re the daughter of that famous ghost story writer we heard that was moving into the Murder House right?” the one guy questioned which seemed like a weird question to ask me.

        “Why you ask?” I wondered which the other boy seemed to laugh also about his friends comment.

        “So you are the freak who we will be seeing this school year?” he laughed which made me feel unnerved by that question.

        “Freak, no. School, yes? Is that all I’m busy?” I asked which they seemed almost impatient which got me slightly worried. Everything was burning for me to slam the door now but my hands wouldn’t move.

        “Well there is a policy for every new student; they have to go through an initiation with me and my buddy here.” The other one laughed before diving into the door pushing me to the floor before slamming the door shut. The one who told me this got on top of me pinning my arms over my head and I couldn’t focus on anything. My powers weren’t helping either with the overwhelming nasty thoughts the boys were thinking were all that was imprinting my brain. I could feel the other guy’s hands all over me and I wanted to scream out but no one was here. Then the last thing I could think of was the only one who could save me now.

        “TATE!!! HELP!!!” I screamed before the boy on top of me covered my mouth with his and I could feel my tears leaking from my eyes when the other boy ripped at my shirt.