Chapter 6

(Warning this book contains abuse, view at your discretion)

~~LEAH

I walked into the kitchen seeing Moira was washing the dishes; my father was preparing the living room for the midnight interviews. Dina was probably showering since the sounds of the water rushing through the pipes in the walls. I leaned my body against the counter tops while my eyes started to scan Moira. She turned around seeing me there and nearly jumped out of her old and frail skin.

        “Miss Hale, you gave me a fright. Is there something wrong?” she asked me while I walked towards her keeping my eyes locked on her.

        “Gave you a fright? Man that sounds almost like you were from another time.” I started where Moira looked around almost nervously when I took a sip from the water bottle I retrieved from the refrigerator. “So are you going to tell me or should I just say it?” Moira seemed almost stunned to hear what I said but she was still speechless.

        “How? How could you have known? Your father couldn’t even tell and he is supposed to be some sort of ghost whisperer.” she asked me where I looked at her with an interesting glare.

        “Well that would be true if he was the ghost whisperer.” I exclaimed looking at her where she touched her chest with her hand surprised. “Don’t worry; I’ll keep your secret only if you tell me why you lied?”

        “I wanted to protect you and your parents, from the others who live here, some of these ghosts are not safe. You are such a special child Miss Hale, be sure you use them if you need to. I should’ve known that it was you who make those lights, windows and anything else explode.” Moira exclaimed touching my hand seeing tracing against the lines of my palms.

        “Leah!!! We are ready!” my father replied which I felt myself swallow sharply almost like I was choking on my salvia.

        “I guess I should be going. The Montgomery’s are being interviewed tonight.” I exclaimed where Moira snatched my hand with hers; it was chilled to the touch.

        “Be safe Miss. Hale; don’t let your father push you too hard.” She smiled where I gave her a small grin back; I turned walking into the living room seeing my father waiting at his desk. I could see Charles and Nora Montgomery sitting on the couch in front of me; I locked eyes with both of them and then looked back at my father.

        “So shall we begin?” my father asked where I looked at the ghosts who seemed to be in a gaze almost like they were frightened by something. I nodded at my father scanning the appearance of Charles Montgomery first so my father would have a description.

        “Dr. Charles Montgomery; age looks to be his mid to late thirties, brown hair and eyes are dark colored can’t be determined. He seems to be mumbling something incoherently. He has a gunshot wound near his head probably his cause of death.” I started sitting on the coffee table in front of him while he continued to mumble something.

        “What about the woman?” my father asked after writing my description of Dr. Charles Montgomery, I looked at seeing she was wondering something.

        “Nora Montgomery; age looks to be late twenties to mid-thirties, blonde hair and also has dark eyes. I guess this house causes dark eyes in the ghosts. There is a wound at the back of her head, probably from a bullet too. I call this a murder suicide.” I replied seeing my father continue his scribble onto the notepad he used every time we interview the ghosts. I looked at them both they were both mumbling incoherently now confusing me.

        “My baby? Have you seen my baby?” Nora repeatedly replied to me where I tried to figure what she meant by baby?

        “Is there anything in the internet archives?” I asked my father who was typing their names into the computer looking for anything.

        “Dr. Charles and Nora Montgomery lived here in the 1920s. They had one son names Thaddeus who was murdered by an angry citizen. There is nothing else mentioned here.” My father explained where I felt Nora grasp my hand with hers and I felt the surge energy hit me hard this time. My eyes rolled back where I felt myself slip from the world around me and be pulled into the lost memories of Nora Montgomery. I saw a happy baby boy in his crib one minute and the next minute he’s gone. I was probably only in her mind for a minute before my father yanked me from the vision. “Did you see something?” I looked over seeing Nora was gone, probably frightened by what happened.

        “I tried but now you scared her off.” I replied where I watched Charles now rocking at me and still mumbling. “Charles what happened here? What happened to Thaddeus?” he looked at me when I mentioned his son’s name and everything else.

        “I fixed him, in my clinic. The basement.” He mumbled disappearing where my gut told me to follow him.

        “He said something about the basement.” I answered rushing over to the basement steps with my father right behind me. I saw a faded image of him enter the one locked doors Tate mention earlier. I walked over pressing my hand against the door, the energy electrified my fingertips. The horrid images flooded through my brain, all the women who came here and the pain they endured. It looked like an old fashion clinic used for abortions I was guessing. The screams of the girls was too much for me and I pulled away to shake off the thoughts.

        “What do you see?” he asked I felt a lump pierce my chest, I had nothing to say to my father.

        “I can’t make it out, there were too much images. I need to sleep and sort them out.” I replied where I felt my father grab my arm stopping me where I stood, I knew another hit was coming for my face.

        “I think you knew what happened, tell me!” he yelled where his hand pressed against my neck making me gasp slightly. I closed my eyes tightly feeling a strong wave energy flowed through me pushing my father over to the floor.

        “Watch yourself dad, there are a lot of angry ghosts here. They don’t like your tone.” I replied feeling relief but when he stood up he was even angrier than before. He swiped the back of his hand across my cheek, I felt my lip split slightly and the metallic taste of blood entered my salvia. I looked back at him shaking my head where the basement’s whispers grew louder and I could tell he could hear them. They were screeching in his ears, he grasped his ears and collapse to his knees to dull the noise. He looked up at me where I spit some blood onto the floor in front of him before walking back up the stairs leaving him to deal with the loud noise. I saw Moira holding a washcloth for my lip; I took it spitting some blood into the sink where she looked upset. “When he’s done tell him I went to bed.” I pressed the cloth against my mouth and went into the living room to grab my journal. I looked seeing it was almost one in the morning and if I knew Tate; he was probably hiding in my room waiting. Great, now how do I explain this?