Chapter 9

~~TATE

Leah’s father reeked of alcohol possibly it was tequila; I knew he was going to try to be violent to Leah again.

        “What is he still doing here?” he asked where I tried to just bite my tongue but I was very angry with him for hitting Leah earlier.

        “I came to check on Leah since she seemed upset. I guess I can see why.” I replied for her while I stood up in front of her.

        “I believe I was talking to my daughter not you. Get out of my house.” He barked where I stayed unfazed by his slurred words and stupidity.

        “I’ll go when Leah wants me to leave.” I answered where he father didn’t seem too happy by me answering for his daughter. He lashed his hand at me but I caught it and slammed his body against the wall in front of Leah. I shoved my black eyes to him because I know he is too drunk to know what is happening. “You hit her again and I find out, I promise you that we will have a nice conversation again and I won’t be this nice. You don’t want me to get angry Mr. Hale, I’m known to be very protective over people I care about and you don’t want to try me. Now do us all a favor and go back to your room. Remember I make real good on my promises.” Her father seemed to be shocked by how I reacted and he stumbled away out of her room. I closed my eyes turning them back to dark brown before looking back over at Leah.

        “Thanks…” she whispered hearing relief in her tone, I kept my back to her mot wanting to see how she was shocked by how I reacted.

        “It’s sickening that he beats you because of his problems.” I replied when I could feel Leah’s eyes locked onto me.

        “What did you mean by your very protective over those you care about?” she asked where I thought she didn’t hear that statement. I closed my eyes trying to figure out how to explain this without sounding weird. I know there was no other way to say it and I guess I should just blurt it out. I turned slightly seeing her standing next to me where I pressed my thumb against her lip to see the cut on her lip was okay. Then the impulse inside me got too strong for me to fight anymore, I decided to react on them and I pressed my lips against hers. Her lips tasted sweet even when the blood was stained on her lips but I didn’t care. I broke away slamming myself away from her seeing she was a little stunned herself when I did what I did.

        “I’m sorry Leah…I couldn’t fight the feelings anymore. It happened the first time I laid my eyes on you and I wanted to wait a little longer but I couldn’t wait anymore.” I exclaimed hoping that I didn’t just ruin the connection we shared but before I could think of anything else to say Leah kissed me back. I felt her hands on my cheeks where I could feel a connection grow in us. I grabbed at her at her waist and pinned her back against the wall I initially placed her father. About ten more minutes I could feel the exhaustion from Leah’s body slightly collapse in my arms.

        “I should get some sleep, big day tomorrow.” She smiled where I knew she still had to sleep, I never needed to sleep anymore but she doesn’t know that. She went over to her bed while I could still taste her sweet lips against mine.

        “I guess I should let you sleep.” I replied when I saw she was pulling her covers from her bed and crawling into them.

        “Tate….? Would you mind staying here until I fall asleep?” she asked where I smiled nodding crawling onto the bed next to her. I held her warm body tightly in my arms while I felt her slip into unconsciousness; I knew I had to tell her the truth soon. It was only about ten more minutes when I heard slight sighs coming from Leah’s body; I slowly slipped my body from hers and turned off her lamp. I kissed the top of her head before dematerializing myself from view and slipping out of her bedroom. I started my patrols in the hallways hearing only the moans of the others in the area; I was finally feeling happy that I told Leah how I felt. I made my way down the stairs where I saw Moira was still cleaning away in the kitchen like she normally did. I rematerialized myself crossing my arms and pinning my shoulder against the doorframe watching her until she turned to see me there.

        “Well I doubt your visions will change Leah’s mind about me, she had feelings for me all along and I did nothing to persuade her. I love her.” I smiled where Moira seemed to be nervous for Leah I presumed.

        “When she learns what you are then you will see how she truly feels. She’ll see that you are just a monster. I will not let you harm her even if I have to scare her off myself.” She exclaimed where I smirked almost in a laughter state when she noticed that I wasn’t worried about that.

        “If she finds out then she finds out. I’m not that same Tate you’ve seen, I’ve changed Moira. If anyone is a monster it’s her father the abusive prick. You can see that I’m different now.” I exclaimed sincerely but I figured Moira wasn’t convinced by my statement, which I wouldn’t blame her for that.

        “You’re a manipulator and a pathological liar Tate. You can’t change and you never will.” She replied staring at me at her half damaged eye and her normal bright blue eye.

        “But I have and you can see for yourself tomorrow when me and Leah hang out tomorrow. Goodnight Moira.” I smiled uncrossing my arms walking out of the kitchen and on the path I took until daybreak in the next few hours. I felt the darkness inside me starting to fade and it was because of Leah, I love her I truly do. I know Moira will try to convince her otherwise but I know Leah will believe me over her, I hope.