Chapter 2

~~LEAH

I gathered my carryon bag placing my journal into it stepping out of the car placing the bag against my shoulder. My father was waiting on the grass hoping I would see something but I didn't feel like mentioning what I saw when we first pulled up.

        "Well Leah do you see or feel anything?" my father asked me where I just made it look like I was looking for them.

        "Not out here, I need to explore the house to tell. It's not like they are going to appear to me out here." I answered grabbing my suitcase from the trunk and passed my stepmother almost like I was like the ghosts. My father grabbed my arm with his hand pulling me to him with anger.

        "Don't give me your attitude." He replied where I felt a wash of anger hit my face heating my blood until it began to boil. I closed my fists until the anger was replaced with the sounds of my father's tires blow loudly startling both my father and stepmother. I wasn't fazed by the noise where I snatched the keys from his hands while he went to go check the tires.

        "I'll be inside finding my room." I announced angrily walking towards the front door and fumbled with the keys. I could still hear my stepmother and father talking in the distance.

        "Gabriel, you must not threaten your daughter. If the ghosts are here they will protect her if they know she is threatened." My stepmother replied where my father seemed to give up on the tires heading to the trunk to grab the small tin box from under his suitcase.

        "She shouldn't be giving me an attitude to begin with, Dina. I am her father and she should treat me with respect." He exclaimed where he opened the box revealing his black pistol that he bought for protection. I watched him place it into his suitcase when I finally got the door open. I came face to face with an older woman with bright red hair who looked just as surprise to see me.

        "Good afternoon madam, my name is Moira O'Hara. I am the maid of this household. Are you those Hales I heard were coming to stay in our Haunted establishment?" she introduced to me, I felt a chill go down my spine almost like there was a ghost nearby but I saw no one.

        "Yes, I'm Gabriel Hale. This is my wife Dina and my daughter Leah." My father introduced us behind me where I felt the similar odd feeling.

        "I'm Moira O'Hara you live in maid. You are the famous author of all the ghost biographies and stories. You find the truth on how they died and make a profit on their deaths." She replied coldly making me smirk where my father felt unnerved by her comment.

        "I'm going to find my room, nice to meet you Moira." I answered passing her still feeling the chill when I walked passed her and to the stairs.

        "We haven't finished our conversation Leah." My father exclaimed where I turned to look at me feeling the feel of disgust.

        "Who are we kidding dad? You have four tires to fix. Just leave me alone and I will find you when I learn anything." I replied when my father looked like he was about to lash out at me again. I squinted and the window near them exploded startling all three of them who were there. I walked up the flights of the stairs when Moira stared at me with curiosity in her good eye. I ran my hand against the wall feeling all the pain and anger in the walls surging through my fingertips. I came to the first room feeling the presence of an angry ghost which made me smirk. It was the perfect room for Dina and my father, good luck having sex in there. I followed the rest of the long hallway until I came across another pair of stairs. At the top was another bedroom, I felt a strong presence that somehow fit me. I walked in placing my bags onto the chair and continued to run my fingers against the walls. I touched a piece of the chipped wallpaper hearing the sounds of loud gunshots in my ears. I closed my eyes to drown everything out while I tried to focus on the energy in the room.

        "What are you doing?" a voice asked me startling a little when I opened my eyes and turned to see a tall boy leaning in the doorway. His blonde shaggy hair hung in his face trying to over his deep brown eyes.

        "It's complicated to explain but the better question should be who are you and what are you doing here? I questioned where I saw him give me a warm friendly smile.

        "I'm sorry about that. I'm Tate, Tate Langdon. I live next door from you." He smiled holding out his hand for me to shake, when I touched it I heard louder gunshots ring in my ears. Something wasn't right; a feeling of lust and pain filled me like a drug. I knew this was wrong for me to say but I liked the feeling and I liked Tate.