Chapter 27

~~TATE

I paced the floor watching the police take both Leah’s dead body and Gabriel in handcuffs screaming he was innocent out of the room. I watched as he tried to blame a ghost for doing it but they didn’t believe him for one second. I saw Dina rushing back towards the house with her eyes in horror when the cop stopped her.

“I live here what happened?” She begged where she watched the police place her husband into the back of the squad car.

“The son of a bitch was intoxicated and went crazy. He shot his own daughter six times into her chest.” The police officer replied where I watched Dina’s eyes water as she watched them wheel Leah’s dead body in a body bag near her. She stopped them stroking her cold face before she was taken away. I never felt so angry in my life when I turned away seeing Moira crying too. I shook my head in disapproval before continuing my way to the hidden crawlspace of the house. I could only pace feeling the fire inside me burn. I felt my hot tears streaming across my cheeks while I tried to focus that into anger when I watched the cops begin to leave the house. I watched Dina go with them to probably give her testimony about Leah’s father and hopefully tell them he was an abusive prick. I wish I could kill the son of a bitch, feel his body be ripped by my fingertips and the lust of blood covering my skin. I knew that wouldn’t be the best thing, Leah wouldn’t want that for her father and wouldn’t want me to kill him out of my anger. I couldn’t even focus when the ghosts were whispering louder and louder about everything that happened. There was nonstop talk about Leah’s death in the bedroom where I died before and how I was so powerless to stop it and save her from death. I felt my anger roaring inside me wanting to scream at them. I looked down at the knife wound Leah gave me to prove about me being dead; I lifted my shirt seeing the wound was gone. The whispers were still growing louder and louder where even me trying to [picture Leah in my thoughts didn’t help.  

        “SHUT UP!!! I LOVED HER!!!! SHE WAS EVERYTHING!!!” I screamed where I could hear the whispers starting to break off and completely disappear from the crawlspace. I collapsed to my knees feeling the pain become overwhelming me, I wanted it to leave me alone. “I love you Leah.” I pressed my head against the floor where I felt a hand touch my shoulder for comfort. Moira better not be trying to be compassionate, this is what she wanted to happen, for me to be alone forever. I turned around not seeing Moira but Leah smiling looking into my eyes. I touched her hand with mine.

“I’m still here Tate.” She smiled where I stood up to face her seeing she was standing there before me unharmed and happy.

“Leah?!” I replied where she touched my lips with her fingertips before kissing me again. I couldn’t stop myself from kissing her back, she was here with me and she would be with me forever in this house. I was no longer alone and it was great.