Must have been the wind (Part 2)

"Kong?" Arthit groggily tried to see the figure sitting beside him. 

"Yes, P'. I am here," Kongpob immediately replied, helping Arthit to sit.

Arthit took a second more to process what kong said before scrambling away from him, kicking his thigh in the process. "What... what are you doing here?"

"Uhh... this is my room?"

Arthit looked around, taking in his surroundings and realized he was indeed in Kong's room. He relaxed. "Why does your bedroom look so dull?"

"P', the first thing you do after I nursed you back to health is to downgrade my bedroom?" Kongpob raised his right eyebrow as he stared at Arthit with a smirk.

Arthit's cheeks turned dark red and now there was no fever to blame. He scratched his non-itching head as he said, "I-I didn't mean it like that."

"Relax. I was just teasing. I'll go and buy lunch for us." Before Kong could go anywhere, Arthit held the end of his untucked shirt and stoped him. "Do you not have any questions?"

"How do you do it?" Kongpob asked.

"Do what?"

"pretend that you are okay." 

Arthit's eyes averted to the corner of the room. "I don't pretend that."

"You do and it breaks my heart. Anyway, I'll wait till you are ready to tell me. I'll come back soon"

Arthit's eyes widened as Kongpob kissed his forehead before leaving the apartment.

"Ugh!! Why am I like this? What if this scared him? What if he thinks..." Kongpob kept on mumbling all the way to the restaurant.

"P', the food is here," Kong announced as soon as he entered his apartment. He was arranging the food on dishes when he heard the light patter of Arthit's feet. 

Arthit sluggishly came and sat on the dining table, mattress marks visible on his plump cheeks. They silently enjoyed the lunch together when Arthit abruptly said, "I am ready."

"Huh?"

"You can ask me any question you have. I'm ready to tell you the truth."

Kong bit his lower lip as he contemplated his question. "I have been hearing you cry frequently at night. What happened to make you cry so much?"

"I was supposed to get married at the end of this month to my high school crush." Arthit let out a chuckle as if mocking himself. "I didn't know you could hear me."

Taking deep breaths, Kongpob tried to ignore the feeling of his heart sinking. P'Arthit is getting married but one thing held his hope. "Was?"

"Yeah. We called it off. The girl was interested in my best friend. At first, it hurt but I eventually moved on."

Kongpob eyed the cut mark on Arthit's finger. "How did you get this, P'?"

Arthit looked where Kong was staring before sighing. "I got it on the day you came to my place asking about the noise of a glass shattering. My mom had thrown a vase on the floor in anger but It was too embarrassing to tell you. She had been randomly dropping by my apartment, giving me pep talks to win that girl's heart back. "

"Why were you outside your apartment like that?" Kongpob asked, not liking the thought of Arthit winning a girl's heart.

"I was waiting for you."

"You could have just messaged me rather than waiting like that in a high fever."

"I-I didn't think about messaging you." Arthit bowed his head with a pout like a 5-year-old being scolded.

An adoring smile made its way to Kongpob's lips. "Why were you waiting for me?"

"To warn you about my mom."

"Huh?"

"I wanted to warn you that my mom is furious with you. I had a huge fight with her and she tried to talk to you. She had been banging your door but fortunately, you were not home so she gave up. I wanted to tell you everything in advance in case you both cross paths with each other."

Kongpob knew that all this was serious but he couldn't help but stare at Arthit who still had his head bowed as if he was a kid expecting to be reprimanded for stealing candies. The only thing he didn't understand was...

"I have never even met your mother. How did I end up making her angry?"

"She... uh... she thinks you turned me gay?"

"WHAT?!?!"

"Uh... that's exactly what it is."

"But... how?"

"Today she found my diary where I... whereiwrotethatiloveyoualot."

"Wait. I didn't quite get the last part. Could you please repeat it, P'?"

Arthit's red cheeks might put tomatoes to shame as he slowly repeated, "I wrote that I love you a lot."

Kongpob grinned. He had clearly understood it the first time itself but hearing Arthit confess while looking this adorable... not a chance worth missing. He walked over to stand beside Arthit, placed his hands on the burning red cheeks, making Arthit look him in the eyes.

"P', we can work together on making your mom realize that I am the perfect match for you."

"Wha--" Arthit stared at Kongpob with wide eyes as his words were swallowed by a pair of pink lips.

"That I am better than any girl."

"Hmm," Arhtit agreed in a daze as he pulled Kongpob back for a second kiss.

--THE END--

[A/N] I hope I didn't disappoint you all. Thank you for reading and commenting (^o^)