We Are Dating

I ran. I ran as fast as my feet could take me to stand beside Kong.

It had been a month, a month of not seeing each other even though we worked in the same company, a month of passing by the empty room that he once occupied, a month of carrying around two gears.

We had never stopped talking for so long ever since we came to know about each other's existence. Even the time I had to sort out my feelings for him when he confessed, our cold war lasted only for a week, but it was different. At that moment I didn't know I loved him so much. I realized my feelings when he started ignoring me. The way I felt my heart constrict due to his cold shoulder, I was sure I can't afford to lose him.

When we reconciled at that time, I had thought I will never be able to push him like this ever again but I went ahead and proved myself wrong. Someone might hate me if they heard this but I never regretted this month until now.

"Do the past two years mean anything to you at all? What am I to you? A lover, a junior, or just an acquaintance?" He had asked me and I never answered.

I kept my mouth shut even when he returned my gear. Not because I didn't know the answer to his questions nor because I had some stupid pride. For me, no pride was above my Kong. I bowed my head as it had hurt my pride that I brought us in a situation where my lover had to question my love for him. I kept my mouth shut because nothing was more important for me than Kong's happiness, anymore.

When I came to know about his family background, I was stunned. The cherry on the cake was the photo that circulated in our office line group.

Hearing people gossip about our relationship made me angry, more on myself than them. As the older one, I felt responsible. I felt that it was my fault for being in a relationship with him and dragging his name down along with me. After all, in the end, I am only an ordinary office worker but Kong... he is an heir to a well-known company. I didn't want his future and his relation with his family to get ruined because of our love. I didn't want our love to be the one to take away his happiness.

But at this very moment, after listening to his speech, I felt idiotic. Everything Kong had done for me, even his mistakes screamed that I was his happiness. He wouldn't be happy without me, no matter how great of a future he makes.

"Oon, Always remember nothing gives more happiness than true love." My mother had once told me.

I stood beside him and pulled the mike stand towards me.

Standing in front of so many people scared me. I tried suppressing my nervousness with the techniques that were taught to us during hazer training but nothing helped. The deep exhale just made my heartbeats increase. So I did the one thing which always calms me. No matter how problematic the situation is, it always gave me the strength to move forward. I held Kongpob's hand, intervened our fingers, and clasped it tightly.

Holding his hand calmed me and the thought that he didn't push me away encouraged me to tell my feelings in front of the world, to fight every soul against us.

"Me and Kongpob... we are dating. Recently, there are a lot of rumors about  Kongpob and my photo. I admit that the fear I had before made me reject my own feelings. I was afraid that all of you will look at me with strange eyes. Without any consciousness, that fear I had, it destroyed my lover's feelings-" I looked deep in his eyes, the eyes that were already stuck on me.

I wanted to express all my feelings not only to the people in front of me but also to the person standing beside me, the one who had become my everything. -" But I am not afraid anymore. I am brave enough to stand here. I am brave enough to stand in front of you all. And I have the courage to say that... I'm in love with Kongpob." A huge smile naturally made its way to my lips as I said the words I wanted him to hear the most.

I had expected a few to oppose us, a few insults to be thrown our way but nothing as such happened. Everyone cheered for us and I felt embarrassed but the thing that made me shy enough to hide behind Kong's shoulder was his own smile. One look in his eyes and the happiness there did things to my heart, things that I never felt before with anyone else.

[A/N] What do you guys think?

Thank you for all your votes and comments. I love reading the comments, they give me the motivation to write more and also makes me more confident in my writing.