Summoned

"Phi!! Phi, Aroon wants a cake." Aroon said. "Cake cake cake!!!" He chanted as he followed his elder brother, Kongpob, around the house.

"Aroon, you need to complete the task you promised to do first then only you will get a cake," Kongpob said and ruffled the little boy's hair.

A disappointed sigh was heard but Aroon went back to his table to complete his homework. "Just wait for a bit longer. I will do my best to complete my work faster." Aroon said looking down at his little stomach. He smiled and tapped his tummy as if encouraging it.

Kongpob who sat on the sofa and heard his brother shook his head. That boy is crazy behind sweets. He literally demands them all the time. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing as Kongpob usually took advantage and made Aroon listen to him.

Kongpob was in the kitchen, preparing dinner when he heard a loud 'done' and sound of his brother's footsteps running to the kitchen. Aroon quickly placed his books on the kitchen counter. "Aroon completed all his homework. You can check everything. Now can you please bake me a cake? I will help you. I promise."

And just like that, a set of puppy eyes stared at Kongpob till he could practically feel himself melting. He sighed. "Okay."

"I need to remind myself to never look in his eyes whenever he uses this trick." Kongpob thought but he himself knew he would never be able to resist this cute little devil of his.

Kongpob kept the now prepared dinner aside and took his phone to play his baking playlist. The two brothers worked together to bake a cake. Even with Kongpob ordering age-appropriate tasks to Aroon, the house was filled with laughter. Rather than singing along the songs, they started saying random words in the song's tune.

Once the cake was done they placed it on the counter and gave a high-five to each other. Kong took the frosting and started decorating the cake. Amidst applying the top layer, Kong felt a gust of wind on the back of his neck.

"That is weird. I remember closing the window in the evening." Kong turned and looked at the closed window. He shook his head. "I must be hallucinating."

Kongpob was again disturbed but this time rather than a gust of wind it was a rumbling stomach. It wouldn't be a big deal but the noise came from somewhere behind him rather than beside him where Aroon stood. Kongpob silently took a steel plate from the counter and held it in front of him like a mirror. What he saw increased his heartbeats. He whipped around. "Who are you? What are you doing in our house?" He asked the stunned stranger before swiftly pushing Aroon behind him.

The stranger quickly masked his surprise before smiling. "Hello. I am Arthit. I am the demon you summoned."

Usually, Arthit behaved very grumpily with whoever summoned him and at times even punished them for disturbing his sleep. However, the sweet smell of the cake wafting through Arthit's nose improved his mood to the extent of a beautiful smile decorating his face.

A smile adorned Aroon's face too. Ignoring his brother's protective shield, he took the cake and stepped towards Arthit. He was happy that finally there was a guest at their place. Someone he could play with.

Kongpob tried to hold his brother's hand to stop him. The sudden movement startled Aroon and the cake fell on the ground upside down. Big fat tears filled the 6-year old's eyes as he stared at his beloved cake.

In a blink of an eye, Arthit was stood in front of Aroon with a warm smile. "Hey kiddo, don't cry. Look I will restore the cake for you."

Big brown doe eyes curiously looked at Arthit. Almost pleading him to do something.

Arthit snapped his fingers and the cake was back in Aroon's hands without a scratch. Maybe not all demons are bad.

Aroon carefully placed the cake on the counter and started jumping up and down before hugging Arthit tightly.

Kongpob wanted to separate them but they seemed to have already lost in their conversation about sweets, bonding over their love for sleep and sweets. For the sake of his brother's happiness, Kongpob threw the imaginary signboard of stranger danger out of the window.

All three of them sat at the dining table to devour the cake. Arthit had never had a cake so delicious. So it wasn't really a surprise when Arthit also started to gobble down the cake along with Aroon. Kongpob smiled as he saw two cutie-pies enjoying his cake.

"P'Arthit, if you are really a demon and can do magic then you must be having delicious cakes every day right?" Aroon asked.

Arthit had his mouth stuffed so all he could manage to do was to shake his head.

Aroon's eyes were still looking at him, expecting him to explain why he was missing this great opportunity.

Arthit slowly gulped the cake in his mouth. Arthit's cheeks turned red. "Uh... I used to always create sweets with magic and ate them all day instead of working. So Lucifer my uh... my boss? Yeah, my boss took away my power to create sweets." Arthit pouted as he looked at Aroon.

Aroon nodded thoughtfully. "What did P'Kong say for you to come here? Can I also call you when I wish to meet you?"

"He said 'la hu mah la' and of course call me if anyone bullies you or maybe if you want to share sweets."

"Yayy!!!"

Ever since then Arthit had become a regular guest whenever Kongpob baked something. Soon the conversations started flowing and Kongpob often found himself naturally becoming a part of them. The visits stopped being restricted to foods and slowly Arthit started being something more than a mere guest for Aroon. For Kongpob.

"Kong, it's fucking 2 am and even if I am a demon, I love my sleep." Arthit glared.

"I couldn't help it, P'. Tomorrow is my interview. That is my dream job and... What if I don't pass? I didn't know whom to contact." Kongpob tried Aroon's trick. His eyes stared at Arthit with as much innocence as he could.

"I am a demon but you two brothers have made me do good deeds more than an angel. You should just call someone else." Yet Arthit got into Kong's bed and hugged him.

Conversations flowed. Soon they found themselves close. Closer than a demon and a human should be. Close enough that even a slight movement would cross the line. And that's exactly what they did. Arthit moved forward, taking Kongpob's lower lip between his.

Kongpob's stress, his fear, everything was removed along with his t-shirt and thrown somewhere in the dark by Arthit.

Under the moonlight that entered Kong's room, they stared at each other. A smile made its way on their lips as they once again leaned closer to taste each other.